Friday, August 19, 2011

EAR ZIT!

Got one of those spidery hangovers I wrote about way back in 2005 - read an exploration of the hangover continuum here.**
Link
Here's the thing - if local bars are going to insist on making lovely lovely lovely Newcastle Brown Ale the beer of the month and selling 16 ounce drafts for 3 lousy bucks - I'm friggin' drinking it. So yes, I've been bitten by the broon dog, but it's not as bad as it could be. My eyes are open, I have been able to vocalize, I have feeling in my extremities, and no one's told me I need another shower. Yet. If you're going to be hungover, this is the one to have.

Salty snacks and gallons of water will put it all right.


Leaving work early wouldn't hurt either.

Then...a magnum of Riesling and pizza delivery.

I'm a simple soul.


**(It is gratifying that when I googled 'spidery hangover' this blog was the very first entry that popped up. Really enjoyed re-reading that actually - the comments were especially entertaining. That was this blog's salad days, I guess. Funny group of commenters and webby friends there. I miss having enough to say to update as often.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Periodically I find myself missing Blunt Cogs. Great set of characters and community that sadly fizzled out after a few months

21 August, 2011 07:23  
Blogger Andraste said...

I know, Kim. I wish I could have contributed more to that - it was hilarious.

21 August, 2011 11:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home