Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Truck envy


Within the past year, I made my first ever automobile purchase. Yes, I'm 39 years old, and this is the first automobile I have ever owned. To be fair, I've only been driving for a few years, since I moved to the Boston area in 1984 with a Maine drivers' permit and soon realized that A) I wasn't going to move back to Maine, so no need to bother getting a Maine license, and B) I was sure I'd never be able to afford an automobile in Boston, much less find a place to park it.

So, my first ever car is a truck. A 2001 Ford Ranger, extended cab, 4WD, V-6, steel gray... I feel very proud and tomboy-ish about it. I drive around in a baseball cap, listening to the Dropkick Murphys or maybe some trucker music, thinking I'm shit-cool.

Then I go to Maine, to show my truck off to my Ford pick-up loving family, and find that my brother (pictured in a previous post, resplendent, in his blue cowboy outfit) has recently purchased his latest truck, and well... here are our two trucks, side by side. Yep, mine is on the left.

Talk about penis envy.



1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Croucher said...

dayam!

02 September, 2005 14:03  

<< Home