Thursday, December 01, 2005

To the Bruins:


You BASTARDS better know what you're doing. Last night, when my husband came in and told me you'd traded Captain Joe Thornton, my heart sank, my eyes welled up, and a murderous rage came over me. The whole thing sounded too much like a desperation move. This morning, several sports writers I respect (Jackie McMullen, among them) actually kind of defended the move, saying that Joe doesn't really have an "edge" and that he's too nice a guy, too mellow and laid-back, to provide the kind of spirit and leadership the team needs right now.

Well, be that as it may, you guys didn't enamor yourselves to any fans last night. He's a favorite of mine, and the hero of thousands of Bruins fans. I guess time will tell. And you DID get THREE decent players for him...

But I'm just sad.

You fuckers better know what you're doing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Father of 3 said...

What a great player...tough guy. Hopefully this will work out for the Bruins. Reminds me of how I felt when the Rangers let Adam Graves go to San Jose. Hang in there.

01 December, 2005 10:38  
Blogger Kristen said...

*throws things*

What the shit is going on in this town?

01 December, 2005 10:50  
Blogger T. Leach said...

I'm a bit shocked myself. Once I get over it, though, I think I'll feel better.

Stuart is a hell of a defensemen. And, it's obvious that's been our problem area. I don't know. It was nice having one of the best players in the league for a while.

We'll see how it goes tonight. Huge game. Senators are just plain awesome.

01 December, 2005 12:06  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

Do you really have any hope that the same people who derailed a whole fucking season would know what they are doing?

01 December, 2005 15:29  
Blogger Andraste said...

Not really, no.

01 December, 2005 15:32  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I felt like this when the Blues traded Chris Pronger, and that trade really seemed to work out for the Blues. Um. let's see, yes we are shitty and in last place. Awesome.

01 December, 2005 15:56  

<< Home