Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Stopped myself.

Just had a cat picture up here, something I swore I would never do, but gave into the temptation for a split second. Then I realized people who post cat pictures are cutesy and lame, so I took it down. Still...that fucking kitten is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. No lie...she's the bomb.

Anyone who stopped by within the 10 seconds it was up knows what I mean.

Anyway...

Thinking a lot about this blogging thing. Anyone else notice that it's become a bit like one of those Yahoo groups?

4 Comments:

Blogger Father of 3 said...

I know not of Yahoo groups that you speak of, but I will tell you that I quite enjoy the blog friends I've made. I look forward to cyber-interracting with you and Shife and LBSeahag and others... it's cool. Pretty harmless fun, actually. It's not getting "old" to you, is it?!?

30 November, 2005 11:03  
Blogger Andraste said...

Yahoo groups are these groups that form around a specific interest or inquiry. Like, say you are obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Harry Potter or some sports team or something...you join these groups, and you can be anonymous, etc. but you get e-mails from people who chat about this and that, sometimes put up 'fanfiction' or 'fanart'...

No, it's not getting "old" per se... Just an observation. It just struck me that reading and commenting on others' blogs, and getting pinged back, usually in the same little crowd of people is kind of similar to the concept and practice in the Yahoo groups...just wider subject matter. And fewer emoticons!

30 November, 2005 11:10  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I am enjoying the blogging experience and I really like that I met a lot of new people, but it can be quite demanding and time consuming.

30 November, 2005 12:03  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

I like it, but then I am still a newbie. The Yahoo Groups are too defined by one subject but blog reading is to me more enjoyable for the sole reason that we are all talking about different things. I actually fucking learn something from time to time!

01 December, 2005 00:42  

<< Home