Monday, March 13, 2006

T-MINUS ONE DAY AND COUNTING


The Little Professor.

Don't know why. Just felt like putting a picture of Dom DiMaggio on my blog today. Though I wasn't even born until 20 years after his baseball career was done, for some reason, he's my all-time favorite ballplayer. Something about him and his career resonates with me, not sure what. But I just love him.

Can anyone tell me why he's not in the Hall of Fame? Thought not.

********************************************************
Totally unrelated but I just thought of this and have very little else to say today: Anyone see that little cheerleader last week, who suffered a spinal injury whilst cheering and kept going, even after they'd strapped her to the stretcher and were wheeling her out?

At the time, I thought it was brave and kind of cool of her to keep going. Even though I REALLY disapprove of cheerleading in general. It's dangerous, stupid, and if I had a daughter, I'd much rather she PLAYED the sport, rather than get all dolled up to cheer for it. Anyway, as I said, I thought it was kind of cool and brave of her to keep cheering at the time of the injury, to show the crowd that she was still showing her "school spirit." But THEN this perky little fool was on the Today Show last week. And when the camera panned over to her during that section of the show where they talk about stories coming up?


Yup. She was cheering, in a full body brace. And then when they did it AGAIN before the commercial break, you guessed it, she was still going.

It was THEN that she officially drifted into the arena of twatdom.

That is all.




5 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Being Irish, the only cheerleading I am familiar with is standing, freezing my fanny off, on the sidelines wrapped in a scarf and with a hat pulled down low screaming, 'Tackle him you fucking muppet! Leave yer foot in you pansy!!!!'
After that I would check my watch and count down the minutes before I could get to a pub and warm up.

13 March, 2006 14:18  
Blogger Andraste said...

You have, once again, crystallized my thoughts exactly. That's all that SHOULD be involved in cheering. Not a gaggle of perky little fluffballs, giggling and shouting out stupid rhymes, whilst throwing each other about.

13 March, 2006 15:03  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

I think not being able to stop cheering is clearly a sign of mental disease.

And I don't think it's brave to keep cheering when they're carrying you out, it's stupid. Hey, you've got spirit but you've caused irreversable damage by jarring your spine while attempting to cheer injured. Good fucking job, Trixie.

13 March, 2006 15:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you get older soon. Like next week sometime? My parent's anniversary is the same day, if I recall.
Maybe all this Pogues countdown is merely meant to detract us from ....

13 March, 2006 15:25  
Blogger Andraste said...

Chris - cripes! You're right! I didn't even think as far as the damage she's doing to her own body by being so 'cute.' Even more of a twat than I originally thought.

Stephen -Why yes, in fact I DO turn 40 a week from tomorrow. I never tried to distract anyone from that. I'm very open about my age, because I still look fucking GREAT. I was even planning to do a post about the big 4-0 on that day. Tell your parents Happy Anniversary for me. I think of them every year, believe it or not. Always thought the world of them.

13 March, 2006 15:33  

<< Home