Friday, September 01, 2006

As If I NEED an excuse

BECAUSE: It is Friday before a long holiday weekend and no one around here REALLY expects any productivity out of me....

BECAUSE: I'm in a mood to celebrate Fatmammycat's return from the brink of death or brain damage...

BECAUSE: There is construction going on in the building, and man...as lovely as these fantastic blue-collar construction type working guys are to look at, it's bloody noisy and distracting...

BECAUSE: The spouse is home today, and has reported the opening of his second beer...at 12:30PM....

BECAUSE: Fuck it. I'm a functional alcoholic, and I just want a goddamn martini.

IS IT SO WRONG?

On that note, have a lovely weekend all.

8 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Have a super weekend, I'm off out to watch football and drink beer in a dark pub. Yay! I know you'll totally appreciate the sport/beer/shouting at the screen/burying your head in your hands connection.

02 September, 2006 13:57  
Blogger Brewski said...

I have just discovered Caesars. Eggs Benedict, three Caesars, 10.00am. Life is good. Oh yes.

02 September, 2006 15:40  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh, FMC - I can relate. Just walked in from the baseball game. My brother won tickets at the last minute...well...there goes my 'get things done' plan for the day.

If you have your third beer by 2pm, no matter what else you had planned, the rest of the day is free.

Brewski - where the fuck have you been? And please tell, what's a Caesar? Keen to know!

02 September, 2006 17:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI ... a ceasar is like a bloody mary but with clamato instead of tomato and I think more spicey (tobasco, worcestershire), stick of celery. Sort of Canadian or maybe British...

03 September, 2006 05:05  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks, anonymous. Had a feeling it was bloody mary related!

03 September, 2006 09:51  
Blogger Brewski said...

I've been driving across Canada, A-girl. Caesars are very Canadian, I'd never heard of them before coming here. They fucking rule. My girlfriend is addicted to clamato juice, which unfortunately is full of MSG. How interesting.

03 September, 2006 14:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mom has been making her caesars with spicey v8 instead and loves them that way, still adds some tobasco, etc. but can find clamato without nasty msg because she's allergic to it...

we drove from vancouver to toronto in august/sept...spectacular, huh?

04 September, 2006 14:59  
Blogger Foot Eater said...

Once your hangover's resolved, Andraste, come over to my site because you've just had a cameo in a story there.

BTW, I'm seeing The Pogues in London in December.

04 September, 2006 18:24  

<< Home