Wednesday, July 30, 2008

They say Liam Neeson's well-hung.


Two days till vacation and I have finished all my work - so for the past three days I've been sitting in my office for 8 hours a day, with literally NOTHING to do.

So you know what I'm doing? I'm on YouTube, watching just about everything, but mostly full episodes of QI.
And developing a disturbing and unhealthy crush on Alan Davies.
Oh, don't start.

I've also watched full episodes of Dr. Who, Jonathan Creek, and MI-5. All the while, squinting at my computer screen, and holding a clipboard on my lap, a pen in my mouth, trying to look as busy as possible doing work. Work that I don't have.
I don't think anyone has been fooled. The headphones and barely-controlled giggling have surely tipped people off. And my impromptu Stephen Fry impersonations, I am convinced, have everyone wishing my vacation had started last week.
How great is HE, by the way? We need one of those over here.
Christ, I'm bored.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Cycles Goff said...

QI has got to be the greatest panel quiz in televisual history. And Fry is consistently perfect. Have you listened to his podgram?

A Davies crush however, is merely weird.

31 July, 2008 16:40  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh, Gimme, but he's so pwecious!

31 July, 2008 20:32  
Blogger Student said...

I like to read your stranger blogs! Alan Davies is a comedy genius. Steven Fry is cool as! In fact I am sure they would both be at the imaginary dinner party I would like to have. I shall seat you between them. We're having a lot cheese.

01 August, 2008 05:13  
Blogger Andraste said...

P1P! Long time - hope everything's peachy in your corner of the webby.

Oh, cheese and Alan and Stephen...will my heart burst with joy? I think so!

01 August, 2008 07:42  
Blogger Student said...

Hi, everything is indeed peachy thanks. I am thinking of cheese now. Possibly with some port! Thank God it's the weekend.

01 August, 2008 09:03  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Fry was utterly perfect as Wilde.

01 August, 2008 18:39  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Stephen Fry is fabulous. I've long had a crush on him. His being gay doesn't mean I can't still crush on him, right? Cos I do. I'd have been exactly like Emma Thompson was when she visited his room at night in Peter's Friends, even though I'd know he would turn me down.

O futile crushes, why must you torment me?

01 August, 2008 22:54  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh, Peter! Fill me up with your little babieeeeeessssss!

Hilarious, Sam. That's the scene I always go to in my head too.

02 August, 2008 02:16  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

hah, me and Medbh were just talking and cooing over Stephen Fry recently and his quite brilliant impressions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Ma7bZ2dH0&feature=related

02 August, 2008 13:07  
Blogger B said...

He eats tramps ears.

Early HIGNFY was better than any other panel based quiz game... just watch the Piers Morgan one!

04 August, 2008 10:13  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hiya B - thanks for stopping by.
I know all about the ear-biting incident. It's made all the weirder because Alan's a vegetarian!

But I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was drunk, depressed, and evidently the tramp was highly antagonistic and asking for trouble.

That's my story and I'm stuck to it.

04 August, 2008 10:23  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

I tagged you over at my site. Check it out and if you don't like tags thats cool.

12 August, 2008 13:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home