Friday, May 23, 2008

Not dead.

Friday, mid-afternoon in the office.

Where Time goes to die.


Wellllll now...it's been almost a month since my last post. How's everyone been? Is anyone still checking in? .......Anyone?

Hellooooooooo......

Been BUSY. I've never been so busy. Doing what, I'm not entirely sure - just working and going home and doing stuff there. Nothing out of the ordinary - haven't even had a transcription job in months. Miss the extra cash, but not terribly. Certainly don't miss spending lunch hours, evenings, and weekends listening to other people's mumblings and stupidity.

Christ, interacting with people is bad enough without having the human voice yaddering directly into my ear canal.

Let's look at some art. Here's William Blake's The Ghost of a Flea, 1819-1820.



Harrumph. One of our Bill's nightmare visions, it appears. What's in the basket, and what's he doing with his right hand? Looks like he's pulling a wedgie out. Needs to be careful with those nails. Read a biography of Blake a few years back. Don't remember any of it.

Happy Friday everyone. I'm 45 minutes away from a beer, and when the clock strikes 5 I'll be hell for leather to get to it. What's everybody reading? Anything good?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Glad you're still alive!

A great book I recently read was "The Raw Shark Texts" by Stephen Hall. One of the best and most original books I've read in years

25 May, 2008 18:05  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Reading Dark Hearts of Chicago. First day of a hoochless month. Glad you're back.

26 May, 2008 10:33  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Hola, Andraste.
I'm supposed to be working on a presentation. Jessica Valenti's book on double standards for men and women was a quick read.

26 May, 2008 12:54  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hello all - glad you're all checking in and thanks for all the book titles - I'm reading Cheever's "Wapshot Chronicles" right now. Can't say it's lifting my nighty, but I'm giving it another chapter or two to grab me before I declare it overrated.

Medbh, I saw your post about that book. Keeping it in mind for the next time I go book-shopping.

Kim - Alive, yes. Barely! Also writing down that Stephen Hall book for future reference.

Cat - after this insane weekend, I may go hoochless for a while again myself. I feel blaaaaahhhh. Though we're hosting a BBQ next weekend, so it may have to wait until that's over - but alas, it's summer, and there's a BBQ just about every weekend. Excuses, excuses.

26 May, 2008 19:49  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

You're back!

Blake must have been on some seriously trippy drugs when he painted that.

I'm reading The Gathering by Anne Enright. Seething family resentments it looks like. Just a few pages in but I'm liking it so far.

27 May, 2008 12:33  
Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

...just getting into "No Country For Old Men." Looks like I have a yet another writer whose complete works I shall soon devour...

27 May, 2008 21:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home