Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Nothing to see here folks.

Just had one of those odd, irritating experiences with someone's odd, irritating personal communication styles.

To wit: Have you ever met someone who has the disconcerting habit of just watching you speak, and even after you've said something and stopped talking, they don't reply - but just continue looking at you? You finish a statement, expect an interaction - you're clearly done with the thought and are putting it to them to respond - and they don't, they just stare, as if the pause in the conversation is entirely for YOU to fill, even though it's their turn? What the hell are they waiting for?

Very off-putting, I must say. Couldn't wait for this bint to leave my office so I could check to see if I'd grown a moustache or something.

4 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

They clearly have a glitch in their main frame, or they're slightly deaf.
My yoga friend does that, but only on the phone, she just leaves it that beat too long before she speaks. Very disconcerting.

16 April, 2008 09:35  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

I hate when chicks stare at my crotch when they talk to me. I'm thinking "yeah, I know, the Irish curse, no moose knuckle here". Its OK I just stare back at their tits when I talk to them.

16 April, 2008 16:23  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Chicks?

Andraste, was it an academic? Lots of poor social skills in that set.

18 April, 2008 09:46  
Blogger Andraste said...

Yes, it was one of my doctoral students. We DO get some crazies.

18 April, 2008 09:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home