Friday, October 31, 2008

Uhhhhhhhhhh....

No secret, I work in an administrative role in a graduate school. Key word: GRADUATE. This would indicate, presumably, that all our students came in with an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.

I just received a grant application from a student who dotted her i's with little circles.

I am so sad. Still - at least they weren't hearts or smiley faces. I would have torn it up and refused to process it. "Nope, sorry, you're not eligible to receive these funds for your education until you prove that you've progressed beyond the writing style of a middle-schooler sending notes in health class."

Yes, I have that power. No, I won't abuse it. Tempted though I may sometimes be.

Am I too old school? I don't give a fuck.

That is all.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

But did she leave xoxoxo on the form?

31 October, 2008 13:28  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

I've got a 23 year old girl that works for me. She wears more pink than Larry Flynt sees in a year. She says in the breathiest of voices "I love pink. When I die I want to have a pink coffin and a pink headstone". Oh yeah, she makes circles over her I's.

31 October, 2008 16:22  
Blogger Archivalist said...

Maybe she's just a MAVERICK.

31 October, 2008 16:34  
Blogger Andraste said...

Kim - she did not. I would have imploded.

Sully - your employee needs to be informed that this obsession with pink may make her a lapcat of the patriarcy. Then again, this whole pink thing may blow over. Let's wait and see.

Archivalist - I wish I had something witty to respond. But I'm so fucking afraid of the republicans winning because of their silly 'maverick' bullshit - and I'm so afraid that our country has an even lower IQ than I thought even 4 years ago...

DON'T GET ME STARTED!

01 November, 2008 00:16  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

Yeah...but will she ever stop circling her I's?

02 November, 2008 06:44  
Blogger Pearl said...

You have more restraint than I do! I'm so old school I still believe in the semi-colon!
Pearl

02 November, 2008 21:47  
Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

I draw beer bottles over my i's.

02 November, 2008 22:07  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Oh god smiley faces. I'd have shot her. Thank god I don't work with the public in any way. Oh and CONGRATULATIONS!!

05 November, 2008 02:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home