Friday, September 26, 2008

Untitled

GROUNDHOG!!

Yeah, I don't know what it is about burrowing mammals that I like so much. Best not examine too closely.

Is there a tear in the space/time continuum? Seems like months have gone by since Monday - and the weekend will go by at light speed, I'm sure.

Been reading physics. Frankly, I don't understand shit, because physics is really math, and math and I are uncomfortable and antagonistic acquaintances, but I like to challenge myself sometimes. And I have some new words: Event horizon, singularity, density matrix, quantum entanglement, Euclidian quantum gravity...anisotropic big bang universe. I don't know when I'll ever use them, but it may be enough for my ego should I have a witness once in a while when cleaning up on "Jeopardy!" It's the little things in life.

Also reading a lot of biology. Less math, more ammunition for arguments with creationists. Don't get into many of those, because I am lucky enough to live in a fairly enlightened and educated part of the world - but I'm ready for it - locked and loaded for fucking bear.

I've also become one of THOSE people, who comment and get into arguments with other commenters on YouTube. I KNOW. Just put a big old "L" on my forehead. But I just can't believe how stupid some people are, and what stupid shit they say and I get so irked that I just HAVE to. I MUST let them know. It's a weird compulsion and I hope I outgrow it.

I hope it rains all weekend. I need a nap.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kim Ayres said...

I like physics - really it's just philosophy. you only need the maths if you want to prove any of it.

As for YouTube comments, have you seen the lastest XKCD?

http://xkcd.com/481/

enjoy :)

26 September, 2008 14:15  
Blogger Andraste said...

Afternoon, Kim. Thanks for that link - it was something I suspected, but hadn't wanted to face. Good larf, though!

26 September, 2008 14:38  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

Sounds like you need a nice, creamy Guinness...then a nap...all weekend.

27 September, 2008 14:39  
Blogger Andraste said...

That's the plan, Sully. Listening to the rain now, as I wait out the Sox/Yankees rain delay. I very much doubt they'll play, to be honest.

Perhaps a nice pinot noir and a movie, in that case...

27 September, 2008 15:40  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

I know what an event horizon is. I think we're teetering on one with the financial situation of the country at the moment, right?

29 September, 2008 16:58  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

That groundhog's had way too much pie.

29 September, 2008 16:59  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I though an even horizon was some kind of terrible film.

30 September, 2008 04:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home