Sunday, October 12, 2008

Circadian rhythms and drinking cheese.


How great is autumn? Flannel sheets on the bed, boots and sweaters on my carcass, soup in the crockpot (today's selection: Cheddar and ale. Hence the drinking cheese reference in the title of this post - a mediocre soup, if I'm honest, but a great starter for some sauces, and an adult flavored macaroni and cheese later in the week. Fuck, yeeeaaaah.), playoff baseball, and early season, and therefore stress-free, football.

I have
done my first good raking of the lawn, put the picnic table and hammock away, put my garden to bed, harvested all the rosemary and lavendar for drying in the kitchen (which smells a-MAZ-ing), said a not-so-sad good-bye to my summer wardrobe, for I do not like shorts and other body-flaw-revealing clothing items (ahem), and hauled out the delicious and comfortable - and comforting - fleeces, sweaters, and boots.

Yea, verily, I live in the best part of the world for autumnal pleasures.

And I have tomorrow off - HUZZAH!!!! I shall do some more housework, then adjourn to Fenway for game 3 of the ALCS. I shall drink Guinness, for it is now available at Fenway - though I may have to take out a second mortgage to buy the second round - eat one of those big, fat-bastard pretzels, and scream my fool head off.

Anyone want to bet I have to call in sick on Tuesday?

9 Comments:

Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Andraste, my mouth is watering at the notion of a fat bastard pretzel in hand.
Sniff.
Enjoy the game and fuck it, call in sick without any guilt.

12 October, 2008 21:00  
Blogger Andraste said...

Medbh - Fucking ballpark food, eh? Do you ever go to the Rogers Center? Did that a few years back, stayed at that hotel with the rooms overlooking the outfield - room service will bring you buckets of beer and shitty pizza, and you just sit in your room watching the game. But you don't need to - you can actually get a ticket right before the game, for a reasonable price, practically on the field. Unheard of in Boston - the place has been sold out for years now, and people would sell their souls to get in. Unreal.

13 October, 2008 00:30  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Well you are either going to call in sick because you drank so much to forgot about game 3 or you are just sick from watching that game. Hope things go better for you in game 4.

14 October, 2008 02:36  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

well???

14 October, 2008 04:39  
Blogger Andraste said...

Going to work. Exhausted, and disgusted, but going to work. Might as well, right? Not going to feel any better at home!

14 October, 2008 08:04  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

oh I know that one, well done toots, a brave and soldiery move.

14 October, 2008 13:55  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

Tough times to be a sports fan in Beantown. I would have slit my wrists if I had to watch that game in person...uhhgggg!!!

15 October, 2008 16:46  
Blogger Andraste said...

This frigging series is killing me. KILLING me!

Full credit to Tampa Bay though. They're young, dynamic - and they're playing like veterans. I'm a fan of Joe Madden too. He looks like he finishes on the field, gets in a turtleneck and goes to the wine bar to discuss architecture and post-modern literary theory. Wicked.

15 October, 2008 16:58  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

Did I mention that I would have slit my wrists then put them in a couple of warm pints of Guiness over at An Tua Nua? Got to go out in style! I'm not giving up yet.

15 October, 2008 17:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home