Thursday, March 31, 2011

ISSIT???

J.M.W. Turner, 1812, Snowstorm: Hannibal and his Army Crossing the Alps


Nor'easter coming tomorrow. Another April Fool's Day Blizzard. Not surprisingly, after the winter we've had, a lot of people are whining already. But last time we had a blizzard this far into 'spring' (or what passes for spring here in the Northeast; cold, some crocuses, more cold, a wet day, a warm day, then cold and wet again until you blink and everything is in bloom and it's hot as hell) it was melted by afternoon, the sun was out and it was 55F. Meh.

Anyway, not much bothered. I like snow and I don't feel like gardening yet.

So...bitch can bring it, far as I'm concerned. I have four-wheel-drive and good boots. I'm from the Northeast. Ch'yah.

Lookit this nice Turner painting. Isn't it lovely?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home