Monday, January 30, 2006

Fucking meme


I'm ashamed to say I have time for this today.



I was going to do an entire post about the hilarious comedy stylings of Shemp Howard, the most underrated of the Three Stooges, but now you'll all miss this work of genius, or at least have your gratification delayed because I'm answering this fucking meme with which
El Barbudo hit me. (Please note I didn't end that last sentence with a preposition. I fucking win.) So if this meme is really boring and stupid and juvenile and too-fucking-twee-for-words, blame him.

7 films I like:

Slapshot
The Lion in Winter
Henry V
Local Hero
The Snapper
The Philadelphia Story
WITHNAIL AND I - EDITED. Take THAT!

7 books I like:

London Fields
Wuthering Heights
Watership Down
Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About
Stanley and the Women
The Adventures of Augie March
Jane Eyre

7 things I say:

"Drink UP!"
"Guinness, Please."
"For FUCK's SAKE!"
"Who's a bitter cunt, then?"
"I fucking win."
"Oh, for the love of Pete..."
"Fuck off."

7 things that attract me to the city:

Bars to hear live music
Choice in pubs
Sports teams
Ease of transportation
Availability of many varieties of decent food
Jobs
Educated, intelligent people (i.e., fewer rednecks)

7 things to do before I die (and yes, I'm a very simple person):

Visit the Baseball Hall of Fame
Tell Dubya off
Have a decent picture of myself taken
Clive Owen
Own an Irish Wolf Hound
Own a house
Skate on the Bruins home ice

7 things I can't do:

Eat bitter tasting things like mesclun greens
Run fast
Drive a stick shift
Eat olives
Wear flip-flops in public
Sing in front of people (though I can sing, believe me)
Finish this meme.

You know WHY I can't finish this meme? Because the last thing is 7 people to tag. And I refuse to tag anyone. I'm BREAKING THE CYCLE. Hear me, baby?


9 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Those wretched memes!
Oh and you realise Poodle Parlour is simply a fancy name for 'Gay S&M after-hours club for the older gentleman.'Don't ya?

30 January, 2006 16:35  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks, FMC. No, I...uhhhh...didn't know that.

I feel dirty.

30 January, 2006 18:25  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

"Own an Irish Wolf Hound" Good one!

"Drive a stick shift" HA! HA! (the bully from the Simsons)
Over here, we all can.

31 January, 2006 07:29  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Why would you want and Irish Wolfhound? They only live until they're about eight or nine and they knock over everything with their tails.

31 January, 2006 08:03  
Blogger Andraste said...

Always loved the Irish Wolf Hound. Big, rangey, with the sweetest disposition of any dog in the world. They have nothing to fear from mere, puny humans, and know it, so can afford to be affable. Plus, they have the best bark.

BARRUUUUUU!!!!! BARRUUUUUUU!!

31 January, 2006 09:18  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Okay, get one then, but don't cry over broken ornaments. By the way I have blogged for the first time ever today, stop on by and have a gander, I suspect it is just like giving birth.

31 January, 2006 11:27  
Blogger LBseahag said...

I'm glad you mentioned Clive Owen. He is delish. And doesn't get enough credit for this...

31 January, 2006 17:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell is a stick shift?

08 February, 2006 04:39  
Blogger Andraste said...

Cath- it's that stick in some cars that allows the driver to change gears manually. Drivers who like the standard stick shift tend to think it's the best thing in the world, because it's fun, saves gas, etc. But if you do most of your driving in the city, where there's a stop light or some stupid crap going on every few feet, you're better off with an automatic. Changing gears every few feet is just silly.

08 February, 2006 09:17  

<< Home