Monday, January 23, 2006

Summer job opportunities for the bat boy.


I have absolutely nothing to say that is in any way related to the picture above. I was simply looking for something to say today (still...I got nothing) and thought I'd find inspiration by googling "weird news." This picture came up when I clicked "images."

But...wait. Isn't this that bat-boy the Weekly World News is always on about? Since I stopped doing my groceries at "Poverty Supreme," I haven't really seen those papers anymore. My grocery store carries lots of dreary women's magazines, with diet tips and recipes for TEN MINUTE MEALS!! And icky celebrity scandal rags. I kind of miss the weird ones.

I wanna know about the aliens that live under my thumbnails, or how Elvis is running a bordello out west, or Satan's image has been seen in the smoke coming out of some middle eastern oil refinery, or how the bat-boy's doing in school. Does he have a girlfriend? What bands does he like? Can he come over to my house this summer and eat some mosquitoes?

5 Comments:

Blogger Father of 3 said...

I can't believe you posted this picture today. I swear that last night I took the kds to Barnes and Noble and they saw this picture on the cover of a new book. They laughed at it for a long time and asked if the kid was real and we had a good time ... small world.

23 January, 2006 13:35  
Blogger Andraste said...

Wondrous strange!

23 January, 2006 14:18  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

Have you checked out Bat Boy's Book of 10-Minute Meals? I have one word for you: scrumptious!

Although, I don't see why he feels the need to add mosquitoes to everything.

23 January, 2006 14:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I love the Weekly World News. Every now and then I pick up a copy. The articles are quite witty, actually.

23 January, 2006 20:58  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

You have Bat Boy, we have Rat Boy (true) a strange little villain who burgled houses and crapped on the living room rugs. And did other ratty things. google it if you don't believe me.

24 January, 2006 15:01  

<< Home