Thursday, January 12, 2006

Really random thoughts, and when I say RANDOM...

*You'd think that people at a high level of study, like DOCTORAL students, would be spot on when it comes to, oh, I don't know, actually READING things like, you know, instructions and stuff. Not really the case, evidently. I'm developing a tic.

*The days are getting longer, which is a good thing for people with Seasonal Affective Disorder. Soon, the sun will rise before 7AM, and set later, and I will become a morning person again. Yippee-fucking-hooray.

*Say what you will about Princess Diana, I know she was a mess. But I'm still sad she died and I miss her.

*No, I am not a huge fan of inbred English royalty and don't really give a shit about useless, outmoded figureheads. But I still miss Di.

*Last night, I had a dream that I went to New Orleans and made an ass of myself, jumping around, drinking hurricanes, and shouting things like "Paaaar-taaaayyyy!" which is so out of character it kind of makes me think I've channeled some dead frat boy. Eugh.

*I am reasonably sure the Red Sox are doing stuff behind the scenes about getting us a shortstop, center fielder, some hope for 2006, but it worries me that I haven't heard anything. It's quiet. Too quiet.

*The Bruins still suck.

8 Comments:

Blogger Father of 3 said...

The days ARE getting longer...I noticed the other day. Do you realize that you never mention the Celtics?

12 January, 2006 13:54  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh Dear, the Celtics. I used to be an absolute fanatic.

Now, here's my thoughts on the C's.

I LOVE Paul Pierce. And they're a fun, young team. The only reason I don't watch as much these days, or watch enough to comment anyway, is that I cannot STAND listening to Tommy Heinsohn anymore. The man has driven me away. What. An. Idiot.

Having said all that, I do love basketball. I do root for the C's, but I don't really follow it anymore.

The NBA is basically a bunch of thugs these days, too, have you noticed?

Now, NCAA hoops...that is MUCH more fun. Plus: it ENDS. NBA goes on forever, seems like all summer long, and it is BORING.

The NCAA has a big tournament in March, it's a BLAST, and then it's over.

Plus, it's good hoops.

Sorry you asked?

12 January, 2006 14:31  
Blogger Sterculian Rhetoric said...

Re: 3pm sickness,
Diagnosis:
Mid-afternoon point in the normal diurnal estrogen concentration gradient coupled with a blood sugar imbalance.
Remedies:
Eat a deep-fried Mars bar!
Prognosis:
Myocardial Infarction, but with a cool face and satisfied smile!

12 January, 2006 15:02  
Blogger Andraste said...

tnuc - wow, you talk like my brother. I'm going to look up all those words now.

12 January, 2006 15:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah the night Princess Diana died. Good times. Ah waking up the day after: not good times.

RE: New Orleans you weren't dreaming. There's video.

Manny to Philly

Je ne suis pas un jouer de hockey

12 January, 2006 15:44  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

I was depressed for weeks after Di died. But I think that was because of the endless fucking airplay of Elton's updated 'Candle In The Wind'. Made me want to drive at high speeds through a french tunnel just to get away from it......

13 January, 2006 02:23  
Blogger michael the tubthumper said...

anyone remember the song? di-di-dodi-dodi-di-di

anyway, you should try it here. doesnt get light til 9am and dark again by 3.30pm. then again, in the summer it hardly gets dark so its not so bad

13 January, 2006 06:41  
Blogger Kristen said...

//The Bruins still suck.//

The Bruins have, in fact, invented a whole new way to suck. And they are excelling at it.

13 January, 2006 09:57  

<< Home