Friday, January 13, 2006

On the subject of essences...

The girl in camo raises an interesting idea in the comments of an earlier post about Emeril and his ever-present essence. Says she: "I wish I could somehow bottle my essence and sell it. I do envy Emeril for that. Except while his essence is a food product, I feel like mine would end up as beer. "

I put it to everyone, with mad props to TGIC: If you could bottle your essence, what would it be?

I'll start. My essence would probably be some kind of acidic liquid, probably a high-powered household cleaner. Like Drano.

In other news, I found this funny: http://www.brackenspub.com/beer.swf

In even more other news, it is Friday. And this is what I'm going to drink. I'll be someplace in Harvard Square, Cambridge. Look for me. I'll be the one bitching about the Bruins, and making fun of people's shoes.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

//I'll be the one bitching about the Bruins, and making fun of people's shoes.//

So then, you'll be impersonating me?

13 January, 2006 12:26  
Blogger Andraste said...

Just taking care of these all-important things on this side of the river. Boston, you've got covered.

13 January, 2006 12:33  
Blogger the anti-barney said...

Mine has to be Bile.Repulse your friends with the essence of
Anti-Barney.

13 January, 2006 14:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After today's lunch it is probably a yellow curry sauce. Normally I'd go with whiskey. Or snot. (Not because I am especially phlegmatic, but because I am snotty in the stuck-up bitch sense.) (Wow, I don't come out well in these descriptions, do I?)

13 January, 2006 17:53  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

The salty tang of the sea for me. The warm promise of a freshening sou'wester mingling with the ozone of the foreshore.

I'm all washed up.

13 January, 2006 20:43  
Blogger Andraste said...

Whoah, Doc - you do make a girl go all whispery... I do love that old salty tang....

Maybe it's because I'm from Maine, but that salty, ocean air...damn!

13 January, 2006 22:35  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I think mine would be teen spirit.

13 January, 2006 22:48  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

My essence is already bottled. It goes by the name of Single Malt Scotch.

14 January, 2006 01:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably some sort of dry red wine. Like Jesus.

17 January, 2006 23:06  

<< Home