Friday, February 10, 2006

Nor'easter comin' in!

I will not abide any whining about winter in New England. No sir, I won't hear it. This has been the MILDEST winter I've seen in years, and though it's cold out now, it's not NEARLY as bad as some coddled whiners might make it sound. Jesus Christ, people, just wear insulated boots, layer your clothes, wear gloves. It's not that bad.

Generally, in a NORMAL New England winter, we've had enough snow and cold and dark by mid-February, even this little snowshoe hare gets a little sick of it and wants to go back to my summer coat. BUT we haven't had much of that stuff at all.

So it is with great pleasure and excitement that I'm looking forward to the Nor'easter that's supposedly on its way this weekend. Bring it on! Snow, crazy gusts of wind, ice, cold, and more snow, and more gusts of wind, and lovely winter goodness.

I have a stock of this in the house:


And this:

And this:


Will I leave the house? DOUBT IT.

Bring it, bitch.

7 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Enjoy your mini hibernation missus!

10 February, 2006 12:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't eat all that chesse if I were you.

10 February, 2006 17:57  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

And you have the Winter Olympics on TV. But if you aren't into that I am sure there are some good movies on or something.

10 February, 2006 18:14  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

What? No Jaffa Cakes?

10 February, 2006 19:50  
Blogger Andraste said...

Stephen - come on over and help us with the cheese, you know you want to. We have a guest room.

Mrshife - Maybe I's'll watch a little bit of hockey, can't say I won't...

Kim - Still haven't found Jaffa cakes, but I'm on the prowl.

Stephen - I repeat the invitation, but you must bring Jaffa Cakes.

Word verification: annfxm.

That Ann...saucy, wha?

10 February, 2006 21:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can get Jaffa cakes in Shaws or Star in the international section

14 February, 2006 16:19  
Blogger Andraste said...

Yep, found them. See the comments section on Fatmammycat's blog, from Saturday.

Not Divine, like Walker's shortbread with chocolate, but pretty damn good.

The real news is that they're going to introduce them in new flavors. Blackcurrant! Yeah!

14 February, 2006 20:09  

<< Home