Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Evaluate this, you miserable busy-bodies from hell



Gott im himmel, is there anything worse?

How do I think I'm doing my job? Fucking great, when I'm left alone to do it, and not interrupted with useless shite like this, which takes up time and energy and doesn't...repeat...DOESN'T affect my pay in the least. When you work in a non-profit, no matter how wonderful your supervisors, co-workers, customers - in my case, students - think you are, there is no remuneration for stellar work, just the usual yearly, puny, cost-of-living increase. No bonuses, no 'merit-raises.' Just a lot of information that no one reads, but some little mouseketeer in HR thinks helps make this a better workplace. HOW is that?

I love my job and do it well. Can't I just fucking DO IT?

Employee self-evaluations. Fuck...OFF.

7 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Sometime I read yur posts and I get up and do a little dance of joy that I work for myself. Poor old ducky. Don't worry, tomorrow is Thursday which is close enough to Friday for me.
Must go out now, been invited to the 1st birthday of a fairly decent bar, buffet and finger food and booze, de-lightful.

31 May, 2006 13:17  
Blogger Andraste said...

The year and a half I worked for myself was absolute bliss, FMC. If the nature of my freelance work weren't so 'feast or famine,' making it tough to maintain health insurance, I'd go back to that in a heartbeat.

But I DO really like this job. The people I work with are fantastic, there's no dress code, and I have a corner office overlooking a lovely garden and a bubbling fountain, and no one cares if I'm a few minutes late or leave a few minutes early, and I can do it drunk with both hands tied behind my back... It's just this yearly pain in the hoop evaluation process I can live without.

31 May, 2006 13:37  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

Last saturday we had a "staff-bonding day" where we did something called "emergenetics" where we did tests on what type of people we were. 10 minutes after we started I predicted what my "profile" would be. 7 hours later and, lo and behold, I was right. Well, it didn't take a fucking genius to work out that as an arts teacher my profile would lean towards creativity!

And on a Saturday. For fucks sake, A SATURDAY!!! The cunts. While they were still doing the hour-long conclusion talk me and a couple of others fucked off to do some bonding of our own in the local pub (or The Doctors, as we like to call it, befitting the place that medicates us).

31 May, 2006 23:35  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

God Binty, I read 'staff bonding' and I almost dropped my gin and tonic. Staff bonding? Shudder.

01 June, 2006 14:37  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

Apparently my benevolent employer is a nonprofit.

01 June, 2006 14:59  
Blogger LindyK said...

My new company loves us so much that we do our self-evaluations right around the holidays... just because things aren't stressful enough then. I love my new job, too, but dammit!

01 June, 2006 22:03  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I feel the need for a beer-as I worked my sock off to day. Have a lovely weekend missus.

02 June, 2006 11:27  

<< Home