Monday, May 29, 2006

It's Memorial Day


Today, I honor this fine country's war dead by getting pished on cheap beer, charring the hell out of the dead flesh of some formerly cute chickens and piggies, and watching baseball.


Let it not be said that I'm not patriotic. Barbecues, baseball, and piss-ups are my GOD-given-right, as an 'MERican.

What will happen later on, is that some couple who's been drinking all weekend long because of the holiday, will come spilling out of the bar up the street, pissed out of their heads and having a row. They'll bring their special brand of solemn holiday remembrance down our street at about...oh, 11pm or so, waking me out of my own beer-soaked stupor.

Maybe I'll get treated a good brawl, the likes of which Fatmammycat witnessed last night. Only with Mass-hole accents, and to be followed by screeching tires.


God Bless America.

3 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Have a wonderful time my sweet, sounds just like Paddy's day, only with food and instead of baseball we just have more beer. Slainté!

29 May, 2006 16:22  
Blogger Monstee said...

When me was little Monstee, me thinked that Memorial Day was for remembering how to get drunk. That seem silly considering how much practice every body was getting during the year.

29 May, 2006 23:59  
Blogger the ink slinger said...

sounds just like Paddy's day

Funny, I was just about to say it reminds me of the 12th in Portadown.

01 June, 2006 11:01  

<< Home