Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sometimes life just sucks.


Excellent post over at
Fatmammycat's this morning. Hilarious and true...God, I hate jazz, especially what she aptly calls 'abstract session' jazz. And I don't just hate 'abstract session' jazz, I also hate pretentious jazz fans who actually try to pretend they hear a melody in there amongst all that tweedling to make others look less sophisticated because they can't hear it. Makes me want to open up on a schoolyard.

Anyway, posts this week may become even more sporadic, as yes, I'm having a bit of a rough one.

Here's the deal:

Any of you have one of those bosses that sees one little tiny anomaly or exception to the general rule once in a while and suddenly wants "REPORTS" and "LISTS" and "GAH - WHAT DO WE DO WHEN THIS HAPPENS..." Instead of just acknowledging that yes, there are exceptions to rules once in a while, and yes, I can handle it, I just do X, or Y, or Z. Yes, I have a record and a protocol for it, but it's rare enough that I don't need to create a whole new process to deal with tiny little anomalies, or FLIP OUT about it. No, you don't need to reinvent the fucking wheel every time some cunt comes out of the blue with "special circumstances." No, you don't need to build any special database reports to record something that happens three times a goddamn year, AT MOST.

I've got one of those, and so the rest of the week is going to suck.

Also: I think my big black cat, Luna (my familiar) is sick. It's very subtle, and tough to tell, but she's just ...'off.' And this time I'm not waiting for things to get out of control and become a life or death, chemo or euthanasia, or 'you should have brought her in WEEKS ago, then we could have done something' kind of deal. This girlie's going to the vet. And if I have to take time off to sit around a vet's office while they run tests, or just spend some time cuddling with my baby at home, then so be it. She's only five, for Chrissakes. What could be wrong with her? If it's diabetes, that'll suck, but it's manageable...if it's cancer, she's toast.


Blogger's being a fucking douchebag and won't let me put a picture up. But she's gorgeous. And probably one of the sweetest, nicest cats I've ever had. And if she's really sick, I will be devastated.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

I'm with ya on the jazz bit. Not only can I not hear any melody, but I can't function normally when that music is playing anywhere near me. It's so not rhythmic that it throws my whole groove off and I'm suddenly not coordinated enough to walk.

20 September, 2006 14:22  
Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

Maybe a-rhythmic or arhythmic was the word...whatever.

20 September, 2006 14:23  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Oh poor old ducky, I hope everything goes well with the vet. Five is very young for cancer, it might be something completely different. But you're doing the right thing by getting her checked out early. It will bring you peace of mind too. Keep me posted please.

20 September, 2006 17:06  
Blogger Student said...

Something about management, they put on a tie and it cuts the blood off to the brain (I don't have an explanation for female bosses yet, give me time).

They seem to forget they are there to facilitate everyone elses work not to drop big fat obstacles in the way.

Sorry to hear about your cat. I am sure she's fine, only five after all. Best to get her checked over though.

Best wishes

21 September, 2006 04:43  
Blogger SheBah said...

Bosses need to exercise their little bit of power. My strategy is to bombard them with duplicate and triplicate copies of any trivial info they ask for, then follow it up with queries on their feedback to it - works every time, they stop fucking with my head when I fuck with theirs. Sorry to hear about your cat - hope it's just a furball that she coughs up soon.

21 September, 2006 07:00  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

Blogger hasn't let me do pictures for the last few posts. The utter bastard. If it doesn't sort things out I'm going to tie it to a chair and force it to listen to jazz...


...not New Orleans Jazz, though. That stuffs okay.

21 September, 2006 07:13  

<< Home