Friday, February 23, 2007

Letter to the asshole on Dartmouth Street, Watertown

Dear Jackass:

Please do not leave any more nasty notes on my windshield. My truck is always LEGALLY PARKED, and is never blocking anyone's driveway or fire hydrant.

You may own the house it's parked in front of, but you DO NOT own the street. In fact, MY TAX DOLLARS HELPED PAY FOR THE CITY TO PLOW the street. No, I do not believe that you shoveled for my convenience...I don't believe you SHOVELED THE STREET... AT ALL. I don't park here every day, and even if I did - I ask you - WHAT FUCKING HARM? You have a driveway, this street is WIDE OPEN with plenty of parking spots, and I have not infringed upon your parking space in any way. Again, I was parked in front of your house for ONE DAY. Not a week, not a month, ONE FUCKING DAY. I merely exercised my right as a taxpayer in this community, and I will continue ON OCCASION to use my truck as one commuting option until the MBTA stops sucking.

Now FUCK OFF.

9 Comments:

Blogger eeka said...

HA! That's beautiful.

Check out the note I got on my car last year:

http://1smootshort.blogspot.com/2006/02/found-on-my-car-this-evening.html

23 February, 2007 15:19  
Blogger The Hangar Queen said...

Brilliant!
Had the same thing happen last week.
I put the note (anonymous of course) on the notice board of the condo with my reply.

Dear Neighbour,
So sorry to have parked in YOUR spot.Had I know it was YOURS I would have parked elsewhere.Then again THAT spot might have been yours too as I don't know who THE FUCK YOU ARE...Gobshite.
Thanks for all your hard work digging it out.You did a great job.Feel free to contact me so I can thank you properly.

P.S. Touch my fucking car again and they'll have to mail your hand back to you.

Not a fucking peep out of the shiteing bastards.

24 February, 2007 00:57  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Do they do odd/even snow-clearing days in Boston where you can only park on the even numbered side one day and odd the next?

We had that in Minnesota. Theoretically it should work. Practically, it causes fist fights and incidents of parking-rage every year.

24 February, 2007 04:33  
Blogger The Voice of Treason said...

I think it's time for the old 'dog's head beside you on the pillow' routine. That usually makes people see sense.

http://treasonvoice.blogspot.com/

24 February, 2007 09:02  
Blogger Student said...

Told!

Nice, I like a well honed response to unreasonable asshats. It happens near me a lot. People assume they can yell at anyone parking in front of their house. It's annoying when you can't park in front of your own place but like you said you don't own the street.

26 February, 2007 08:42  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Sounds like someone's house needs a good egging.

26 February, 2007 15:56  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere once of a note a guy found on his windscreen when he came back to discover his car had a great big dent in it:

"People are looking on so I am writing this note. They all think I'm leaving you my contact details.
But I'm not."

27 February, 2007 14:20  
Blogger FirstNations said...

YOU PARKED YOUR TRUCK IN FRONT OF HIS PLACE OH MY GOD HOW RUDE.
wtf?
i only wish someone would park their truck in front of my place on snow plow day. that way their truck would take the brunt of the tidal wave of frozen slush, the dude would drive away with it, leaving a gap in the frozen glacial barrier of doom that plowing at 75MPH leaves, and i could then get out of my driveway for a change.

actually, move next door to me. bring your truck.

28 February, 2007 16:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, lady, I was just asking for a date...

28 February, 2007 16:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home