Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snark, hipster doofus advertising, paranoia, and Lite Brite terror alerts.


This has been blogged about ad nauseum already, but I just want to say one thing about how the city of Boston was terrorized yesterday by a bunch of Lite Brites.

...erm...no, on second thought. I don't have anything to say about that.


Let's look at some art.


..................Jean-Honore Fragonard: The Swing, 1766



A lovely scene of frivolity and fun, non? A little too fanciful for me, definitely not something I would put up in my house...how would that look next to my Bauhaus couch? Stupid, that's how. But full of fun nonetheless. I like how the young gentleman is getting a nice view up the lady's skirts - I bet this caused a ruckus when it was first unveiled. By today's standards, it's very tame, and yet...there is something very erotic about it.

Them Rococo fellas, they knew how to rock.

4 Comments:

Blogger Old Knudsen said...

Looking at that picture my train of thought ended in gangbang but thats just me.
I googled the bomb alert or otherwise known as how to mess up people's day, I've experienced several, not good when you're trying to catch a bus or have to stand outside yer house for 3 hours in the cold until the police blow something up.

01 February, 2007 14:00  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Is she flashing them?

01 February, 2007 17:55  
Blogger Steven said...

Lite Bright bombs...

It's the terrorists most henious manuever yet! ;)

Steve~

02 February, 2007 12:32  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

I love the Lite Brite terror. Oh, that was funny.

02 February, 2007 13:37  

<< Home