Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Dragging these old bones out...

You guys! I'm a hermit by nature - reclusive and enamored of a routine, especially on school nights. My normal work week these days involves NO BOOZE, maybe some freelance work, some working out, some TV, some reading, and early to bed. So I must tell you, this week is shaping up like the kind of barfly weeks I was known for in my dipsomaniac 20's.

I'm going out tonight with Sassy and Fresh Hell for a few beers - any other Boston Bloggers interested in coming should leave a note in the comments and I'll give you the time and location. Boston Bloggers - you know which ones you are - I'm looking in your general direction. C'mon!

Tomorrow night I'm meeting SPOUSE right after work at some sports bar or other (haven't decided which yet, but the Sports Depot in Allston is a front runner) to watch the Sox game which starts at 5pm - I should be able to get there by the bottom half of the first. (Bottom half of the first inning, and the bottom half of SPOUSE'S first beer - I just LOVE how that worked out semantically.) And we've invited a pal of mine along, who TOTALLY SHOULD COME.

Thursday is a party for a departing coworker - and since the hooch and food will be free (and I'm not an idiot), the bells - and the feed bag - are on.

Friday - I'm hoping for a nap, but the reality is that SPOUSE will likely be restless and want to go out to some bar or other and watch the Sox game. And because I'm a functioning alcoholic, and it gets me out of cooking dinner, it's a win-win.

Saturday? Who knows, but it'll involve booze, because that's what Saturdays are for. Because...well, I mean to say...it's Saturday. Enough said.

Sunday - Monster Seats for the Sox versus the Twins at Fenway. Not just booze, but screaming, sun, and a possible home run ball to the temple because my reflexes are dulled by all the booze from Tuesday through Sunday. God help me.

I don't know how my liver is going to react, but I'm guessing she'll make me pay at some point - let's hope she holds on till Sunday night. Or forgets she's 41. I PROMISE to be good next week.

Maybe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fresh Hell said...

Looks like you're going to have to get your game face on, Sista! The key to endurance drinking when you're out of practice is the water intermissions between drinks and lots of vitamin b. You'll be peeing every time you blink, but it helps.

I promise, Sass and I will go easy on you. Yup, I've got bridges to sell today.

25 September, 2007 15:43  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

It's a funny one, you get used to not drinking mid week, may the lord of all ale and rum strike me down for saying it, but you do. However it does seem to give a gal carte blanche for acting the maggot on the weekend.
The minute this marathon is over I am going to get SOOOO bloody drunk, and I don't care how childish that sounds.
Have fun meeting up with the chumlies.

25 September, 2007 17:57  
Blogger Andraste said...

Well, it was very INTERESTING, mah cat.

Just in now - unable to type much more than this...

No one will ever know....

Okay, beddy bye....

Urp.

26 September, 2007 00:38  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Oh yeah. That was fun. good luck with the liver. Mine hates me.

26 September, 2007 07:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home