Monday, October 01, 2007

The eye of the storm

Right, survived the first wave of The Great Hooch Hurricane of 2007, and am in the middle of a good 48 hour health recovery before Game One of the MLB playoffs tomorrow. I shall be at Fenway, arse firmly planted in my bleacher seat (with our ticket package we get moved out to the bleachers, which is FINE, because I'm JUST HAPPY TO BE THERE) with a crappy beer in one hand, one crappy beer in reserve under the seat, and one of them big, fat, soft pretzels serving as the only nourishment I'll have time to grab before the 6:30 start.
Thursday at work should be a treat.



Speaking of treats, how come I can't find Cape Cod popcorn in the stores anymore? Had a good supply of two bags per week coming from the Shaw's on Pleasant Street in Waltham - and now? No love. Smartfood is NOT an option as it is a far inferior product, and a girl's gotta have the real thing.


So if anyone has seen any of this Cape Cod goodness in the stores lately, please tell me where. SPOUSE will only let me order a case through the Cape Cod website after I've tried, and failed, to find it through normal channels.

Dammit. I have NEEDS.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dr Maroon said...

Cape Cod does not strike me as the home of pop corn, it's like saying Alaskan Tequila, Mexican maple syrup, you get my drift?

You may be interested top know that there is a Scottish folk band celtic rock thing called the red hot chili pipers! I shit you not.

Google them.

02 October, 2007 13:23  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

May God have mercy on my soul

http://www.redhotchillipipers.co.uk/

02 October, 2007 13:25  
Blogger Andraste said...

Now THAT I can get behind.

With mirrors on mah shooos...

02 October, 2007 13:56  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

There's more of them now, Anthony chilli pepper just reproduced.

02 October, 2007 15:34  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

You know, I haven't seen it for years.

You lucky, lucky, lucky woman with those tickets. have fun.

02 October, 2007 20:11  
Blogger Fresh Hell said...

I can't have popcorn any way but straight from the bowl after being popped in a pan and drizzled with butter. Microwaves are not an option for me. Nor is bagged corn. I'll let you know if I notice it on a shelf near by, though.

03 October, 2007 08:14  
Blogger Andraste said...

FMC - what female would allow him to fertilize her? The child must be a mutant.

Sassy - Next season I'll keep you in mind for tickets. We sell more games now because of the mortgage. It's not just the price of the ticket, it's blowing 100 bucks just walking into that place - cabs, pretzels, beer, peanuts and the occasional slice of pie. It's insane!

Hell- Would you believe before he met me SPOUSE had never had real popcorn? He grew up on Jiffypop and microwave corn - which I DO NOT ALLOW. I made real popcorn for him, using corn kernels, a big pot, real oil, real butter and salt. I thought HE WOULD DIE of delight.

03 October, 2007 09:16  
Blogger MikeP said...

You really can't find it? I see it all the time at Kroger's here. And this is not even close to New England.

03 October, 2007 11:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home