Friday, November 07, 2008

Can't explain it.



Folks, I have just returned from a post-work beer (or 5) and delicious Guatemalan meal at a local joint near the supermarket here in Waltham. SPOUSE and I were the only Gringos in there and there was a lovely, inclusive and friendly atmosphere, and very good service and taps.

Though the music was loud, and shall we say 'not my demographic,' there were a few items that came on the jukebox that I absolutely fell in love with. One of the greatest things I've heard in a very long time was this song. Suddenly I found myself asking people, "who is this artist?" and "What is this song?" and shoving a Keno ticket and pencil underneath several bemused and confused noses.

I don't know what it's about, full of shite stereotypes and misogynist bullshit, and for all I know he's calling the woman something I wouldn't approve of (EDIT: Turns out it isn't full of shit stereotypes and misogyny - fuck me and my assumptions, huh?) - anyone who speaks Spanish is welcome to supply the lyrics and disillusion me. Also, the video is hideous... but the appeal has something to do with these fantastic horns and melody.

Horns. I fucking love the horns.

5 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Aw, it sound like that crazy music they play in barcelona when everyone dances around in a big circle. Sigh, de memories. Oh and he's saying she drives him crazy but he's a smitten kitten and he's always dreaming of her ( in a very condensed nut shell)
Hope you're having a good weekend.

08 November, 2008 07:09  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hiya Cat - yeah, I got the "loco, loco, loco" bit...and the title seems to mean "mistress of yourself" or something like that. Kinda sweet. Like I said, the video is awful though, and seems to portray the woman as a bit of a gold-digger.

Weekend not bad so far. Bass Ale hangover, though. I'm giving up Bass- it seems to do more damage to my head and stomach than other beers.

Yours?

08 November, 2008 09:30  
Blogger Windy Meadow said...

Geesh this is a process...anyhow, what I said in the MULTIPLE COMMENTS I've tried to leave, is that I too am lately into HORNS - BRASS - whatever....check out Teddy Thompson's "Can't sing straight" on itunes or wherever you go for music.

There. Better work.

10 November, 2008 22:05  
Blogger Windy Meadow said...

Finally - a breakthrough! I can actually communicate with my -shall we say- baby sis. Not confirmed until it is reciprocated. hah.

10 November, 2008 22:09  
Blogger Andraste said...

Yup, your comments are showing.
Not sure why commenting here is so hard. Couldn't get through to any of my THREE e-mail addresses?

11 November, 2008 00:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home