Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This is my doormat.



I've been a very busy rabbit indeed.

Almost got laid off at the end of June - which would have been a first. I was finishing up with my job, training co-workers so they could take up the slack of my responsibilities, cleaning up my files, buying job interview clothes, and deciding how much of the severance check I could actually afford to blow on hardwood floors...and then less than one week before I was to be officially gone, two jobs opened up in another department, and the supervisor called and said "which one do you want?"

Like that zero hour call from the governor as you're getting strapped to the chair.

I will be making the same amount of money (actually more, since the union negotiated raise kicked in AFTER I was told I was going to be gone at the end of August - go figure), doing a job with LESS responsibility and stress. Huh.

Once again, I come up smelling like a friggin' rose. Ain't life grand?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Congratulations Andraste.

13 August, 2009 12:20  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks, m'dear! I would have had a great few months off, with funds still coming in and a nice fat check at the end, but nobody wants to be in the job market these days, and frankly, I would have gotten pretty bored by mid-September anyway.

So it turned out all for the best, really.

Though I must say, at the mid-point of a three week vacation - I could DEFINITELY find ways to occupy my time if I won the lottery!

13 August, 2009 19:10  
Blogger MikeP said...

Congratulations, Andraste. Hope the new job won't cut in to your blogging time too much.

18 August, 2009 12:16  
Blogger Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

Gotta get me one of those doormats. More importantly, I gotta start putting my flip flops to where the rug rat can't chew on them. Mmmm.

19 August, 2009 16:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home