Friday, October 14, 2005

Brace yourselves


Today's post is not about Friday post-work beer. The plan for tonight is for a nice dinner with friends, rather than raucous sports-watching, beer-guzzling, food-optional mayhem.

Good food rather than pub-grub, perhaps some nice wine, or at least moderate drinking of whatever alcohol is chosen, good conversation, some polysyllabic words, a few laughs. Nice.

...of course, with these particular friends we're seeing, the evening could go one of two ways, really. It could start with a little catching up, some discussion of literature, current events, philosophy, film, music...and stay that way. But it could also degenerate pretty quickly into a booze-fest of a proportion seldom seen since my college years and those immediately following.

I'll know which type of evening we're in for if at any point I hear these words: "Imbibe wid us, you fuck!"

Ahhhh...I see we're in for evening B. Good. Wouldn't want to break with tradition now, would we?

8 Comments:

Blogger T. Leach said...

Cheers.

14 October, 2005 10:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey (Ms) Andraste,,

(little OT)

I dont have a blog true I dont have the time to create mindless drivell like some. I have read thru some of your posts and really dont think your espousals interest me. 20 on the other hand is hilarious and I enjoy his rants and stories as I can identify with the humour.

Keeping looking out the window of the subways in Cambridge...


Love & Regards.
NOSMO


PS Baseball is truly a girls sport now Rugby theres a sport (no Im not a homo)

14 October, 2005 11:09  
Blogger Andraste said...

See, NOSMO, this is what I'm talking about.

You don't have time to write a blog, but you have time to read and comment on others'.

You don't like my interests or think my writing is any good, but you keep coming back.

Why do you keep coming back?

It appears you're the vampire that comes and goes at will, despite the fact that you are not wanted.

So please, do us both a favor and fuck off.

14 October, 2005 11:14  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Ahhh friday, I cannot see for any good reason any reason why we are not very very drunk and very happy right now. Ahh wait, I am. Andraste my darling, have a wonderful weekend, no doubt you deserve it fully. NOSMO, stop that.

14 October, 2005 18:37  
Blogger Rachel Croucher said...

I bet NOSMO reads Playboy for the articles as well...

14 October, 2005 21:22  
Blogger j merlino said...

Drink a few for me. And Nosmo, go play in the street or something.

14 October, 2005 22:52  
Blogger Andraste said...

I am overwhelmed and overjoyed by the blogo-support I'm receiving here. I am feeling the love, people, FEELING IT.

You are all my FRRRIIIEEEENNNNDDDDSSSSS.

Have a lovely weekend, your beautiful selves.

14 October, 2005 23:37  
Blogger LBseahag said...

I find you highly amusing...I raise my skyy and sobe to you...

15 October, 2005 09:33  

<< Home