Monday, October 10, 2005

Once you invite a vampire in...


...it can come and go as it pleases!


There is no other point to this post. I just wanted to have an excuse to put up this nice Munch piece, Vampire. (c.1894)


Day three of a holiday weekend. It has rained the entire time. Yet, I do not feel cheated in any way, despite the rain & cold. Every once in a while, a long, rainy, stay-at-home weekend is a good thing for the rejuvenation of one's mental acuity, a clearing of the cobwebs out of the old brain-case, as it were. I finished a big freelance transcription job this week, so didn't have any of that unpleasantness to do over the weekend, a small blessing. And I managed a few good, long, weekend workouts, too. It's nice to have the time to devote to a good sweat, rather than "sneaking one in" on a weekday morning, or between full-time work and freelance stuff.

Saturday was spent in a hungover, melancholy haze; Sunday was for cleaning, reading, laundry, reading, straightening up, reading, listening to some very loud stormy weather music (Mozart's Requiem, with the volume at at...uh...11), a nail-biter between the Angels and Yankees in the evening, fucking Angels COME ON; today I'm being dragged out of the house by the husband, apparently he's got some concerns about me being a hermit, that it's not good to stay in all the time, blah, blah, blah. Though I would be perfectly happy to eat up another book or two this afternoon, listen to the rain, bake something... Oh well, maybe he's right. Perhaps a movie, (is there anything worth seeing on the big screen? Something that isn't a remake of a tired old cartoon or old sitcom, maybe? Something maybe with an original script and a plot? Thought not.) maybe just a few errands and some lunch & drinks someplace, perhaps a shitty chain restaurant for laughs and a case of the runs.

Sorry, no anger today. See what a good night's sleep does for me? What a nice little change.

12 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shife said...

All the talk of rain reminded of John Cusack movies. A viewing of "High Fidelity" two weeks ago helped me out of my football depression. Last night, I watched Stewie Griffin's Untold Story but I should have went with "Grosse Pointe Blank." The way my football team plays I am going to run out of Cusack movies real soon.

10 October, 2005 11:47  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Go see Night Watch, it looks fast pacy and mindlessly good entertainment oh and it has all sorts of creepy goings on, and it is a bit original being sorta Russian in its creation. I haven't seen it yet, but I've read a lot of the reviews and they all say it rocks. Trailer looks great too, you can google it.

10 October, 2005 12:04  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Of course it could be shit, in which case I'm sorry.

10 October, 2005 12:06  
Blogger Andraste said...

FMC, thanks for the tip. I'll look it up now.

mrshife - Both excellent choices on a rainy day. I do loves me some John Cusack.

You will be happy to note that I shall be wearing my husband's Bob Gibson Cardinals jersey today, if it isn't a dress on me...

10 October, 2005 12:33  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Holiday Weekend?

Screw the government...

10 October, 2005 12:58  
Blogger Andraste said...

YOu guys don't get Columbus Day? C'mon, don't you want to celebrate the arrival of syphilis to the new world?

10 October, 2005 16:22  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Gibson is the man. In my humble opinion, he had the nastiest curve ball ever.

10 October, 2005 16:45  
Blogger El Barbudo said...

Did you hear about the lesbian vampires? They only fed once a month.

10 October, 2005 19:19  
Blogger Andraste said...

DOH!

10 October, 2005 20:24  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Syphliss? I was blaming my bad vision on glaucoma!

11 October, 2005 03:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sort of "Munch Ado About Nothing" then, eh?

12 October, 2005 09:26  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hawwwwwwwwwwww! Bastard. Wish I'd thought of that.

12 October, 2005 09:36  

<< Home