Tuesday, November 08, 2005

We've got an injured rabbit, also.

(Name the movie that title came from, and you'll win...I don't know. My admiration.)

Right, I never claimed to be graceful, sure-footed, or the owner of particularly quick reflexes. It's what makes me a mediocre athlete, at best. But I can only imagine what it must have looked like to the two cats that were in the bathroom with me yesterday morning, when I slipped in the shower, couldn't get a grip on anything to stop the fall, and went arse over tit, all over the bathroom, knocking things off shelves, tearing down the shower curtain, missing the sink by inches, finally landing in a wet, naked puddle, on my left elbow, half in-half out of the tub.

I'm bruised, and embarrassed, but okay. Thanks for asking.

So, now I guess I have to buy some of those ugly adhesive things that go on the bottom of the tub, to prevent slippage. Either that, or only have assisted showers from now on.

I feel old.

15 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

My husband once fell out of a shower at a cheesy motel. He landed in the toilet. One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Sorry about your fall... thanks for the reminder though!

08 November, 2005 15:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save yourself future embarassment and get yourself a handrail too. You poor thing ... I hope the girls will let you forget this little episode and not line up in the bathroom tomorrow morning awaiting an encore.

08 November, 2005 15:29  
Blogger Andraste said...

Shan - Having been raised on slapstick, I almost wish I could have seen it myself. I'm sure it was hilarious.

Mrspea - Believe me, the handrail joke has already been made. That, and putting a lawn chair in the tub.

"NURSE!!!!"

08 November, 2005 15:39  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Poor old sausage, I'm sorry I laughed when I read it now. I do hope you are okay and not hurt too badly.

08 November, 2005 15:47  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

I used to have a roommate who had a habit of falling out of the shower because he was always hungover. There would be an enormous crash and then the sound of him swearing up a storm. Then I would laugh loud enough for him to hear through the bathroom door.

08 November, 2005 17:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd make a good Gordon, Gordon.

08 November, 2005 17:28  
Blogger Brewski said...

Bathrooms are actively evil. The majority of deaths in the home occur in that room with it's eerie spouts and latently vicious ceramic. Do not fuck with your bathroom's karma. Glad you're OK, girl. Old? Bollocks to old!

08 November, 2005 23:38  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

I have a facility for languages.

09 November, 2005 04:24  
Blogger Andraste said...

Excellent!

It's a clean break, Mac. You can see the bones in the dish.

09 November, 2005 09:19  
Blogger michael the tubthumper said...

at least you know how you injured yourself. i went out on firday and woke up saturday and i can't move my foot up and down. i have absolutely no idea how.

09 November, 2005 12:00  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh, Michael, if it's your arse-kicking foot, and it was injured in the line of duty...you may be my kind of guy!

09 November, 2005 13:44  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

Is it worth calling the vet, Stella?

09 November, 2005 14:28  
Blogger Andraste said...

Whose baby?

09 November, 2005 14:45  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

Tricksy.
Is it Gideon's

09 November, 2005 16:57  
Blogger Andraste said...

Okay, Doc. I'm running out of good ones from that movie. I shall have to watch it again over the weekend, to remember some more. But I'll leave you with this.

"You love it, Happer. Craphound!"

09 November, 2005 21:55  

<< Home