Friday, November 04, 2005

It's a larff, innit?


....Yes....that ought to do it for today. I think I'm in the mood for a margarita.

It's November 4, and it's sunny, warm, beautiful. Go figure. New England, eh? We had snow last Saturday, then 70 degrees and lovely on Sunday. Today is perfect, tomorrow could be shit.

I'm thinking a margarita...yes, that'll do. Maybe some nice Tex-Mex themed dinner. Or better yet, we could go Spanish and do Tapas. Love tapas. Little bits of everything.

Now, if we could only speed up time.


Here's something good.

10,000 anti-Bush protesters in Argentina. Only one business was spray-painted on, and only one other business on the protesters' route was damaged in any way. A fruit stand. And the best quote, the guy selling the fruit says, "I only lost four bananas."

That's beautiful.


EDIT: Holy thundering Jesus Christ! The link that was there this morning, that showed a report on a relatively peaceful protest, has been replaced by an article talking about extreme violence, of course with customary asides about elderly people and children being hurt. So...the media, huh? You CANNOT fucking trust it.

I feel so used.

12 Comments:

Blogger El Barbudo said...

Fucking Hell! Does Gorilla Bananas know? Were they relatives of his? Is there a phone line he can call? Should we be having a whip round to get the Japing Ape out on the next plane to Argentina?

Quick, Andraste, to the beardmobile!

04 November, 2005 12:14  
Blogger Andraste said...

Right, Cap'n!

Lemme just get my big ears, cape and tights out of the secret warren, and we're....OFF!

04 November, 2005 12:21  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

They lost four bananas, but we still have to deal with this fruity bastard for another 2 plus years.

04 November, 2005 12:22  
Blogger Andraste said...

Calling him a fruity bastard is an insult to fruit.

He IS a vegetable, though, and there's no way around it.

04 November, 2005 12:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were right to call in U.N.C.L.E. on that last post. It is obvious that T.H.R.U.S.H. is at play here.
I prefered Illya to Napoleon, how about you?

04 November, 2005 15:11  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hey Muff, welcome back!

Well...I never really watched the show, so I can't say. It's on my list of things to get from Netflix.

04 November, 2005 15:22  
Blogger the anti-barney said...

Four bananas is the least colatteral damage that bollocks has
caused for some time.

05 November, 2005 10:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who ARE you? What the hell is going on around here?

I agree on this post though.

05 November, 2005 21:04  
Blogger Andraste said...

Erm...anonymous posters don't get the right to too much detail.

Because I'm an old Pete Townshend fan, though, I must ask...

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU????

05 November, 2005 21:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that was me.
I was trying to put in the name MILES' FORMER FUCKING VALET, but it wouldn't take.
Does that give you a HINT? Christ.
What do I have do do to get a DRINK around here?

06 November, 2005 21:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I meant to put this under the Jamaica Plain post. That's the one I agree with.
I'll have a Guinness please.

06 November, 2005 21:57  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hint taken, digested, and giggled over. Miles' former fucking valet. VERY nice.

Jamaica Plain, man. Might as well be Mars, for fuck's sake.

07 November, 2005 09:15  

<< Home