Friday, October 21, 2005

Oh, happy, happy day!




REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is it Friday, my darlings - and a beautiful, crisp, tinkling autumn day at that - it is also the day I pack up my desk for a move into MY VERY OWN CORNER OFFICE. Take that, bitches.

Yes, after two years of listening to the everyday minutiae of a co-worker's family life for 8 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY, because she speaks at top volume, in a voice that ALWAYS has that brink-of-tears quiver in it, on the phone...did I mention EVERY DAY? No longer will I be blown off my desk by the smell of her re-heated FRIED FISH lunches, wafting through her office door, swirling about the entire office space like a miasma from hell.

Don't get me wrong. She's a lovely person and I do not DISLIKE her. But you'd think with e-mail, some of her communications could be fucking silent, but for the click-clack of her keyboard. And you can like someone but still find them annoying. Oh, yes, you can. No more shall I be expected to know the whereabouts of all my office mates at all times, because my desk position in this location makes people mistake me for a receptionist, which I am not. (Again, do I sound like a fucking people person to any of you? Thought not.)

On Monday, I take up residence in my very own corner office, with a window overlooking a rose garden and bubbling fountain. With a DOOR THAT I CAN CLOSE when I want to get some work done or have a quiet lunch.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Have a lovely weekend, everybody.

17 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shife said...

You are moving on up.
I apologize in advance to anyone who gets the Jefferson's song stuck in their head.
Congrats on the new office.

21 October, 2005 12:44  
Blogger Andraste said...

Why thank you!

21 October, 2005 12:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You finally got a piece of the pie!
congrats and use it well,
your pal,
mrspea

21 October, 2005 12:49  
Blogger Andraste said...

That dang theme has been in my head all week. I love that we're all jiving on it.

Rock it, my chirren. ROCK. IT.

21 October, 2005 12:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. But there are bugs in that office. Big black nasty ones that bite. I was going to write something else but my word verification for the comment is "gjnaf" which sounds like a horrible combination of a gnat and a giraffe. I bet there are several hiding under your new desk right now.

21 October, 2005 13:09  
Blogger Andraste said...

GAH! Remember those roaches on Linden Street? Frigging Three-Mile-Island mutants, those bastards.

Thanks for trying to piss on my parade, Brother Stephen. But you can't spoil it for me. So NYAH.

21 October, 2005 13:18  
Blogger LindyK said...

I dunno about the bugs, but congrats on getting your own office! Besides, bugs are eminently squashable! I dream of my very own office... Enjoy!!

My word is "eqobxr," which sounds like some kind of enviromnentally conscious prizefighter... ha!

21 October, 2005 13:34  
Blogger LindyK said...

Afterthought: Just noticed the vintage nod with the "I won't dance" lyric up top -- nicely done! Diggin' on that!

21 October, 2005 13:37  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks, Lindy. It's vintage, and it's true!

21 October, 2005 13:40  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Congrats darling girl! Well done on the 'new top totty' office. I work for myself, my living room is my office, but I do appreciate your fabulous upgrade.

21 October, 2005 14:06  
Blogger Andraste said...

Thanks, FMC! I also worked from home for a year or so, and really, really loved it. I'm actually here for the company health insurance, but still do some freelance transcription work from home for a little extra spending money. Were health insurance more affordable, it would be work-at-home for me!

21 October, 2005 14:19  
Blogger T. Leach said...

I'm jealous. I sit across from a nervous laugher. EVERYTHING is funny.

Actual face-to-face:
"My husband has leukemia ... Bwahahahahahahaaha!"

"Oooh. Sorry to hear that."

"Thanks ... Bwhahahahahaha."

21 October, 2005 14:30  
Blogger Kristen said...

I weep with jealousy. But congratulations! I long for the day I can get away from screaming-in-Mandarin-speakerphone-man.

21 October, 2005 15:26  
Blogger Andraste said...

I have a friend like that. It's endearing in one sense, because when you like someone, giggling is infectious. But you realize that through the giggles he's telling you some relative has died...gheesh.

21 October, 2005 15:26  
Blogger El Barbudo said...

With your own office, and no one looking over your shoulder, your blogging is going to increase. You'll find yourself visiting more sites, leaving more comments, heading back to the sites to see if they've replied to your comments, checking your stats to see where people are coming from, stumbling across more sites, and leaving more comments.

Your fucking doomed!

22 October, 2005 07:22  
Blogger Andraste said...

Yeah! Looking forward to it!

22 October, 2005 10:34  
Blogger LBseahag said...

You kick ass...

22 October, 2005 13:20  

<< Home