Thursday, March 30, 2006

Some changes 'round here.

Here's the thing: I don't have much to say these days. My hiatus was due to more of a metaphysical illness than a physical one.

A mental malaise, if you will.


Realized that I was entering one of those gawdawful phases, we all have them, RIGHT? - just low-energy, weak, bored, queasy...disinterested. Can't pinpoint any attributable causes, though there are many possibilities that have crossed my mind. The state of the world, the fact that we have...God, how many more years of this twat in the White House, pollution, waste, a disposable culture, violence, intolerance, greed, and flip-flops.

Entering another busy period at work, this time of year in academia is a NIGHTMARE. And feeling pressure to come up with something to write here every damn day was starting to get to me. Nothing to say, not particularly interested in anything besides getting through my work days, welcoming spring (more on that later), getting my body healthy and clean, and my house in order.

Henceforth, I won't feel pressure to update this damn thing every day. I will only post when I have something worthwhile, or funny, or otherwise entertaininig to say. When the urge strikes, in other words.

For instance, if all I have to offer is a funny or stupid video, I'll save it until that can be part of a larger, more edifying post. I feel this will make for a better blog, for one thing. For another thing, it will relieve me of some pressure. And the mind-numbing blankness of staring at this stupid open 'create new post' blogger screen.

Okay, now that that is out of the way:

SPRING IS HERE. Now THAT is something to be happy about. And dammit, I WILL be happy about spring. The return of open windows, more daylight, fresh air, outdoor exercise, green...GREEN trees and flowers and ...ah, I just LOVE spring.

I have to say, though, that it also marks a return of the fatties in belly shirts, short skirts and flip-flops. This...this is bad. People who are taking up twice their allotted space on this planet, dressing like Paris Hilton (thanks Stephen, for the image. Lovely poem, by the way) and showing us their tramp stamps and flaccid, pale flesh, and HORRIBLE FEET.

Why? WHY?

God, it does my fucking head in.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Cope said...

Spring in academia, or at least on university campuses, is also when all the sexy people come back from wherever they went to in the fall.

30 March, 2006 13:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that's true. There is as much lovely flesh as there is fatty.

30 March, 2006 13:15  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I don't care what you say, I'm glad you're back! Now I'm off to wathc Third Watch- and I'm slightly drunk because of my mother.
Goodnight.

30 March, 2006 14:01  
Blogger Foot Eater said...

We'll be here loyally, Andraste, no matter how often you post.

I know what you mean about posting every day, though; I did that for a while and it was draining. Nowadays I still have nothing to say but I say it less often, and I'm the more relaxed for it.

31 March, 2006 06:20  
Blogger Andraste said...

Home with some terrible plonk now. One glass down, three to go. It was nice not feeling the need to update the blog today, having, of course, nothing to say.

I like this new 'relaxed' blogging style. Very much.

I hope I can repay your loyalty by actually having something entertaining to post...real soon, y'all.

No, I do not say y'all, really. Only in jest. I must be a little drunk. Already.

It's going to be a FINE weekend.

31 March, 2006 18:38  

<< Home