Tuesday, March 21, 2006

40 today. Could be worse!


I'd like to start today's post by saying thank you to all my blogger buddies and non-blogging buddies who've wished me a happy birthday.

40, huh? Who thought I'd make it? Show of hands... oh, now, come on. NONE of you had any doubts? Not one of you is surprised my arse still points south? Bollocks.

I suppose...seeing as how I never became a rock star as I'd intended, and therefore haven't had the means or opportunity to die of a drug overdose or alcohol poisoning, or even a spectacular fiery plane crash or...or even being hit by a bus, I suppose surviving this long isn't as surprising as it should have been.

Still, I'm glad I started taking pretty good care of myself when I did. Otherwise, I'd feel like shit.

I don't really have anything very deep to say. Many people go through a period of reflection and 'stock-taking' around landmark birthdays like this, and have some tremendously insightful things to say. I am not such a person. I'm not particularly deep, or reflective, or philosophical.

I feel...

....I feel fine, thanks.

6 Comments:

Blogger T. Leach said...

My sympathies are with you at this most difficult time.

21 March, 2006 10:42  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Happy Birthday Andraste. I'll be joining you in the 5th decade towards the end of October.

21 March, 2006 10:55  
Blogger Monstee said...

Ah, 40. That brings back memories.

Enjoy it while you can Andrste! Middle youth slips through your paws faster than anything.

(You do know they not saying "old" or "middle aged" anymore don't you? Now it am youth, middle youth and advanced youth!)

21 March, 2006 15:27  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

Well, happy birthday and such.

Forty, eh? Got any pictures of some silly clothes you wore in the 70's or 80's?

22 March, 2006 06:22  
Blogger SheBah said...

Happy Birthday, Andraste and may the next forty bring wealth, health and champagne!

22 March, 2006 06:57  
Blogger Foot Eater said...

You've survived one day of it already, Andraste, so it's going to be fine.

Belated happy returns.

22 March, 2006 08:56  

<< Home