Thursday, March 23, 2006

FOR GOD'S SAKE! Look up, look up and READ

Okay, I just got back from the Harvard Square post office. A nice, new, shiny, state-of-the-art facility, with a variety of services available, in a lovely, convenient location. As such a state-of-the-art facility, there is a menu of postage options, well-posted, above the service counter. All their services, prices, and time of delivery, right there in huge, glowing letters, and the forms and necessary paperwork all ready for you to grab and fill out while waiting in line.

Now...if you cannot figure out what delivery option is right for YOU in the half an hour you're standing there in line, and actually have to take 20 minutes of the clerk's time deciding once you're up?

I should have the right to pummel you.

That is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Yes you should. That person should have to sit in the corner for the rest of the day. And a happy belated birthday to you.

23 March, 2006 15:30  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Darling, you have worked hard, you are free for a few days, you can now relax. You cannot relax if you are willing to fight with dumb people. On less of course you relax that way. Have you ever considered a matrial art of some kind? It is tremendous fun.

23 March, 2006 17:20  
Blogger Andraste said...

Absolutely true, plum. The relaxation has begun. The husband is cooking dinner on the grill, and I'm about to open a nice bottle of plonk (you don't waste the good stuff on crap-TV-Couch-Night.

I'm going to enjoy my wee dinner, watch some garbage on TV, and ease myself into a work-free weekend. Then I'm going to turn my aggressive, Type-A tendencies on the bathroom grout this weekend. For it is there, also, that I Do.Not.Like.What.I.See.

23 March, 2006 19:02  

<< Home