Monday, July 17, 2006

One of those weekendshhhhhh.....


Step 1: Go visit some high school friends for a ballgame and piss-up in a town that has more - and more affordable - microbrews than the rest of the country combined.

Step 2: Drink said micros, mixing in a healthy dose of the standards; lite lager, Bass Ale, Geary's, etc., and keep going even after everyone else has switched to water. Eat very little.

Step 3: Go to bed at 2am, wake up at 9, jump on the road to get home before last night's excesses come back in a very colorful, explosive, messy way.

Step 4: Spend Sunday fighting waves of nausea and a blinding headache, unable to leave your air-conditioned bedroom, repeating the phrase, "There's gonna be some goddamn LIFESTYLE changes 'round here, man. That's all I'm saying."

Yeah, there's gonna be some lifestyle changes. At LEAST from now until Friday. This Friday. If I'm really good.

5 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Poor old Ducky, I feel ya. I've spent all week in hotel bars eating sandwich after sandwich and bowls of peanuts, telling lonely men in shiny suits who 'just wanna talk' to fuck off and drinking and ooooohhhh watching fucking hotel tv. What a riot.

17 July, 2006 13:30  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh, FMC! You're back! Missed you terribly. How's Puddy? Oh, I'll just pop on over to your blog and read for myself.

17 July, 2006 13:47  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

oh I'm back all right, I'm back and I'm a fucking mess. I really do dislike traveling for work. It sucks.

17 July, 2006 15:06  
Blogger Student said...

atta girl

18 July, 2006 04:32  
Blogger Toenex said...

It's the drinkers Ying and Yang. If you give a little, you'll get a lot. Hmmmm..... I must be low on words, I'm using cliched phrases. I'll stock up on the way home.

18 July, 2006 11:56  

<< Home