Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Mysteries of DNA

I have six siblings. Most of the time, due to living great distances apart, and seeing each other rarely enough that we're on polite behavior, we get along just fine. Sometimes we disagree on things; sometimes it's politics, sometimes it's religion, health & diet, culture, art, etc., but we generally manage a healthy debate or have a few yucks making our points, calling each other idiots in a good-natured way, and moving on. "Well, I disagree with you there, I think the problems with X and Y are more to do with Z or what have you. I'm not sure how you arrived at this conclusion, knowing this, that, and the other, but I think you might be insane if you continue in this line of thought after having read such and such book, or seen this documentary or that news article. And I don't know how you can listen to that (insert musical artist of your choice here) crap, it makes my ears bleed. But...anyway, anyone want another beer? Sure! How about them Red Sox."

But I have one brother who...well, I don't know what to say except that I do not know HOW the DNA that produced me could possibly have produced him. I think he's a changling. I want to know what my mother was eating and drinking ...and smoking... during THAT pregnancy, because... something's missing from the helix on that one.

There. I said it.

That is all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

Yeah, my only brother is like that, too. We don't speak, not if we can help it.

Oh, that's right, the holidays are coming up. Fuck.

18 October, 2006 20:59  
Blogger Binty McShae said...

There's 5 siblings in my family (spread between one father and two mothers) and one of the brothers is like that too...Unfortunately I must confess that said brother is me. The rest of them are pretty fucking normal...

18 October, 2006 21:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rest of you should gang up on him and convince him to stay away forever. It's the only way to maintain peace in our time.

19 October, 2006 04:25  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

If you do every work it out email me the formula and I can test it out on that wench Etheline, I don't know how the hell we both came from the same source at all. That is why I contend- ever so hopefully- I was adopted.

19 October, 2006 10:28  
Blogger Old Knudsen said...

I am also that brother, which is sad cos I'm the best of all my siblings.

20 October, 2006 02:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home