Friday, October 06, 2006

More art!

.............................New Red Coffin, 2002 Marc Pelletier


Yesterday's post went over okay, I think. I liked it, and was happy with the way the painting loaded on blogger - nice and crisp. Puzzling though, since very few people commented, which makes me wonder...it was the first post I'd done...probably EVER, that didn't have cursing in it. Is that why you all come here? Shame on you.

But Kav, bless his heart, asked for more art. So here it is.

Since Kim can't seem to load my brother's web site, for some odd reason, I thought I'd pimp my brother, so at least he could see something of the site to which he graciously links, but cannot see.

I have no idea what the inspiration for this particular piece is or was, (must remind myself to ask) but I like it. I guess I tend to like 'darker' or more expressionistic pieces. I don't know much about aaaahhhht. But I know what I like!


In other news, it's Friday, I have Monday off for Columbus Day - (YAY! Celebrating the arrival of syphillis in the New World - Huzzah!) - I'm fighting a cold with all the vitamins, herbs, teas and juices in my arsenal. I intend to be horseback riding in 24 hours time, and REFUSE to be ill.

Everyone...have a dozen or so beers for me, as I will be taking it easy tonight.

10 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Have a good weekend missus, bad luck about the cold, I will drink to your good health. Nice picture, do you have a link?

06 October, 2006 13:51  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hiya FMC - Yes, take a look over in my links section, the link is called "Marc Pelletier"

Or just copy and paste this into your browser:

http://www.marcjerome.com/

06 October, 2006 13:58  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

I can't believe it! I thought "Great, I'll finally get to see Marc's artwork" and there's just a red x in a small white box in the corner of the space where the image should be!

I have absolutely no idea why I cannot access your brother's site. It's bizzare.

The only way this is going to work is if you download the images on to your computer, then upload to Blogger from there, rather than Marc's site.

Sigh

06 October, 2006 14:16  
Blogger Andraste said...

How VEXING!

I'll e-mail you and attach a jpg, see if you can see that...

06 October, 2006 14:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beer and Sudafed will knock that cold right on its ass, Andraste. Vitamins and healthy food just give it strength. You need to make your body as uninviting as possible so those pesky germs say, "Ahhhh, I can't live in this!" Or maybe it's just that after ingesting beer and Sudafed you don't give a crap how bad you feel. Eh, either way... Hope you feel better soon.

Have fun riding! I'm off to Maryland to watch my daughter ride in a show on Sunday. I've got a pocket full of peppermints for the ponies.

07 October, 2006 06:57  
Blogger Andraste said...

Annie, funny you should say that. I had 3 Guinnesses after work, had a nice dinner, took more airborne before bed... slept from 9pm to 9am, and I feel great.

Vitamin G - Good for what ails ya!

07 October, 2006 09:57  
Blogger Old Knudsen said...

I never commented on the previous one because it just looks so sad and that Dudley was a twat, now this one looks well edgy, 3 stouts huh? yeah that should turn it black.

07 October, 2006 20:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ, you listened to me. I'm well chuffed.

Your brother's very talented. To me it looks like there's something seriously sexual going on there, but then I see sex in everything.

09 October, 2006 03:59  
Blogger Student said...

I hope you aren't mellowing! Where will I go for the profanity? Feck! Arse!

Good luck with the riding. I need to go again soon it's been too long.

09 October, 2006 04:34  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

what's going on in the bottom right corner?

09 October, 2006 05:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home