Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'll stop being nervous...


...when the papers are signed and I'm in the new house, unpacking. And not one minute before.

House purchase is going so smoothly, it's making me nervous. Very, very anxious indeed. Not necessarily that I'm a pessimist, by any stretch (shut up, you at the back, I know I come off that way, but really...my hard candy shell only masks an optimistic, soft, sweet, inner... nut) but did you ever get the feeling something was TOO easy?

So far, not a single glitch, issue, problem, or argument with the sellers, who are just so agreeable about everything. And not a single thing that our realtor and/or lender hasn't been very helpful and kind about. Everyone's just been really, really...nice.


But until I'm actually in that house, waiting for the cable guy, and unloading my books, watching the cats rub themselves against everything to establish territories, I shall be a nervous wreck.

That is all.

7 Comments:

Blogger Old Knudsen said...

I sold a hoose once, I'd moved out and was waiting for the money only to be told I had to get an inspector to look at it and it might take another week (I was in a hurry) the silly bugger lawyers just forgot about it, they didn't forget about their fee.

29 November, 2006 16:22  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

You're taking the right approach. Being a nervous wreck is absolutely the only way to deal with house-moving.

I've moved house in a grown up way only once before, cross-country MN to CA whilst pregnant and vomitting almost constantly between Iowa and Nevada. Prior to that it was moving to mainland Scotland and then just all moving flats around Glasgow as a student. I did that about 5 times but in all cases I lost about 5% of my stuff to the same force that vanishes socks in the tumble-drier.

You have all my sympathies. The best of luck to you, hon'.

29 November, 2006 17:10  
Blogger Andraste said...

Knudson - you wouldn't believe the horror stories I'm hearing. It makes me think I'm a house seller's dream.

Sam - Thanks, dahlink. We just did the Purchase and sale agreement, so we're only one step away from wrapping it up, in the smoothest house purchase in history.

"vomitting almost constantly between Iowa and Nevada..."

Yes, the American midwest will do that to you.

I went to Iowa once...it was dreadful and I'm never going back.

29 November, 2006 17:50  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Where did my earlier comment about Britney Spears underware go?
Never mind, when is D day, or signing day as you folk might call it? Like when will you have the keys in your actual hand?

29 November, 2006 18:06  
Blogger Andraste said...

December 18, m'dear. And of course we won't move over the holiday, but we can get in there with a rug cleaner and measuring tape.

Hooray! I'm going to buy NEW furniture, for the first time in my life. EVER. How much does it cost? NO IDEA.

29 November, 2006 20:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valium. Just take the valium. All will be fine.

29 November, 2006 20:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Furniture is spendy. I think a lot of people go the Ikea route and slowly replace things with higher-quality stuff as they get some money together.

(However... I do get 20-40% off at a furniture store thanks to the part-time job. All it requires is that I pay for it, but I think I can finagle something...)

Congratulations! I hope it continues going well for you.

30 November, 2006 11:58  

<< Home