Monday, November 13, 2006

Come onna my house, my house, I'm gonna give-a you ca-andy!


HUZZAHHHHH!!!!!!

Spouse and I saw a house over the weekend that we really like, and will likely put in an offer this week. It's terrifying and yet...exhilarating. Yes, going into SHIT-loads of debt, taking on a mortgage, moving, being the ones responsible for the care and maintenance of a BUILDING...it's almost like we're going to be grown ups or something, and it has cost me a little bit of sleep, thinking and worrying about it. Guess I won't be giving up the transcription work anytime soon, and both his car and my truck better not need any repair work forEVER. But listen, man, having our own space, enough rooms for a guest room and study/office, plus a finished basement, garden, new kitchen, two bathrooms and a garage workspace for my tools, and drum kit.... sweeeeeet.


Many thanks to all friends and family who wrote e-mails expressing concern about my mental well-being after last week's existential crisis. I'm fine now. REALLY! Lessons learned, awareness raised, bad mojo jettisoned, all that shite.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Congrats! I hope it works out for you!

13 November, 2006 17:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you girl. It's a great feeling when you can finally get a decent place to call your own. Good luck with the bidding, and have fun decorating for the next ten years if you get it.

13 November, 2006 17:22  
Blogger Old Knudsen said...

So where is the hoose? is it behind that castle in the picture?

14 November, 2006 01:52  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I hope your offer is accepted so that you too may joiin us down here in the wonderful world of the 'Doerupper' it's fun...come play with us.

14 November, 2006 05:52  

<< Home