Thursday, November 09, 2006

3-day weekend!


There is an opossum living in the tree outside my office! It's nice to know that even though man has encroached on so much wildlife habitat, that some wee fellas have held on to little pieces of it, and don't mind sharing, provided we don't twat at them with sticks and things...

I've named him Watson, for some reason probably best left unexplored, though of course I can't be sure it's a him. I hope he sticks around. I like wildlife. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, and I've not been feeling very warm and fuzzy lately.

I've had a few kicks to the emotional junk lately, nothing I can do about it but carry on and hope the truth eventually sets things to rights. 'Tis all illusion, until you get a blast of the spiritually ugly, right in the kisser, and it becomes clear that reevaluation and soul-searching must be done. I just hope I'm not the only one doing it.


Have a drink on me while I think this one through.

Heading into a 3-day weekend, looking forward to seeing some houses, getting some drinks, catching up on some sleep.

If one chooses to ignore the stench of burning martyr wafting in, it's a good day.

6 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

You can be sure that all will be good in the end Ducks.
I am MIGHTY jealous of your three day weekend however. And I believe I will have a drink later as I ponder life down in the pool hall, where I plan to WHUP Country Gay's ass and then hand it back to him, all bloody and flattened.

09 November, 2006 13:18  
Blogger Amy said...

Girl, I feel you.

Thinking is hard. Some days, I wish I were a Playboy bunny so someone else could do the hard work and my biggest problem would be keeping cellulite off my thighs.

09 November, 2006 15:46  
Blogger Andraste said...

Word. Though keeping cellulite off my thighs, goddammit, has proven harder than thinking. Fuck.

09 November, 2006 21:08  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Not everyone's a complete wanker, it's just those that are tend to make their presence felt a bit more strongly.

Watson's cute though :)

10 November, 2006 04:15  
Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

You know, critters are pretty tough. I live in the barrio/ghetto, and we have 'possums even here. Along with songbirds, hawks, owls, bats, and gangbangers.

Some kind of life lesson there. Hang in there.

10 November, 2006 06:15  
Blogger Amy said...

I have given up on the cellulite. It's better than it used to be, but I have some junk and the world will just have to deal with it.

I have not given up on the tummy pooch, however.

10 November, 2006 10:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home