Friday, December 01, 2006

Personality is formed early...


...and remains pretty constant, throughout life. I think so, anyway.



Thanks to my friend Sare, who sent this picture. She said, "Don't know WHY I thought of you when I saw this." Seems pretty obvious to me.

Anyway, happy weekend everyone. I'm going to leave you with a delightful news story another friend pointed out this morning.

Naked Man on Crack Attacked by Alligator. Excellent. Authorities don't know why he was naked, but it seems clear to me that he mistook the alligator for his wife or girlfriend, and tried to mount it. We may never know for sure. I believe he's in critical condition - I guess we'll know tomorrow whether this was another case of Darwinism in action.

I have a cold, and so I'm feeling very misanthropic. So a story like this cheers me right up. Good for a laugh, innit?

11 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Colds are minging. I believer vast quantities of alcohol help a lot. Have a very good weekend Missus.

01 December, 2006 15:45  
Blogger Andraste said...

You too, Cat. Yes, I believe an antihistamine and a glass of nice red wine ought to send me on the road to recovery...and maybe some interesting dreams as well....

01 December, 2006 16:18  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

Every week without fail the blogosphere makes me laugh at least once. This week it's your picture. Well done Rabbit Girl.

01 December, 2006 16:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the IRONIC TONE in the "why I thought of you" didn't translate. Dur.

XO, you bitter hooer.
Sare

01 December, 2006 16:43  
Blogger Andraste said...

Cheers, Docky. You've given me many yuks over the time of our 'blog acquaintance.' Glad I could return the favor.

Oh, Sare, I totally GOT the ironic tone. Else I wouldn't even be talking to you. You harridan.

01 December, 2006 16:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy shit, that's funny! Did you see the guy. He looks like an aligator molester.

Hope you feel better but keep the misanthropy.

01 December, 2006 17:44  
Blogger ExAfrica said...

That story had me in stitches. You didn't mention that the man in question was 45. Which, in my mind, makes it all the more funnier. A twenty year old - heh we can understand the naked alligator crack thing...45...I don't think so.

01 December, 2006 21:32  
Blogger Old Knudsen said...

The silly bastard couldn't even manage to win a Darwin award, what a loser.

02 December, 2006 02:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I sent and posted that link around today.

Think about it: 3 am, a little crack, then a nice swim in the buff in the Everglades...at what point does THAT go wrong?! Heh. It's like a scene from the end of Adaptation, or a Carl Hiaason novel.

If the world we live in is a just one, that guy minimally gets an honorable mention at the Darwin Awards this year.

02 December, 2006 03:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I do hope he wins.



Can't we vote?

03 December, 2006 22:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, to win, he'd have to die. So unless you're up for a murder rap, no, you don't get to vote. :-)

05 December, 2006 14:25  

<< Home