Thursday, March 15, 2007

Not sure where I'm floating, but it ain't here.


I just realized that for the last few weeks, I'm operating on a totally different level mentally, going through the motions of my day-to-day life, working, going home, socializing a bit, the usual...but my brain is someplace else entirely.

Here's an example: I was home sick on Monday, puttering around the house, doing a bit of cleaning and laundry, checking my work e-mail for emergencies and those easy questions I can answer without access to the database, that kind of thing. (God forbid I should take a sick day and actually just lie around, being sick - got to be useful, even with a fever and nausea. Must be a Canuck thing.)

Anyway, spouse comes home from work in the evening and says, "Hey, I notice they tore that house down, the one you can see through the kitchen window."

My reaction: "uhhhh...Whaaatnow?"

A house around the corner from ours, of which we had a clear view through the kitchen window - which was open all day, and through which I had looked at least 8 or 9 times over the course of that day - had been demolished - TORN DOWN TO THE GROUND, IS NOW A PILE OF RUBBLE IN A VERY LARGE PIT - and I DID NOT NOTICE.

How does one miss something like that unless their brain is floating around, completely independent of the sensory organs that are supposed to be sending it information?
Now...it'd be GREAT if I could figure out where exactly my consciousness has been, and if it were actually using this little break time to cure cancer or write the Great American Novel or something. But it's not...it's just frigging AWOL. Nowhere to be found. When it's found, it will not have anything to show for itself. The fucker will then have some s'plaining to do.


5 Comments:

Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

I hope you didn't answer too many e-mails that day.

15 March, 2007 14:52  
Blogger MikeP said...

Can you at least remember why you went into the kitchen?

15 March, 2007 15:56  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

You do know the clocks went forward, right?

I should think a nice wee beverage should sorting out any floating brain problems. Dr. Sam prescribes a little of what you fancy to see you right.

15 March, 2007 19:52  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's 'cause you miss me, isn't it? ;)

17 March, 2007 19:33  
Blogger Fat Sparrow said...

Oh, I wouldn't worry too much. I've been living like that for months, now.

20 March, 2007 09:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home