Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Horrific doesn't even begin to describe it.

I wish I had something wise and helpful to add to all the discussion about the Virginia Tech tragedy. Events like this render me speechless with rage, powerlessness, and frustration.

I am just so sick of these cunts with guns, punishing perfect strangers and destroying innocent lives in some kind of misguided act of revenge for their own sense of powerlessness, inadequacy, sadness, and alienation. Then the cowardly fucks top themselves, so they don't have to deal with the afermath, or punishment, or look at the misery they cause.

And the worst part is this - and maybe I'm jaded and cynical, but I think this is true - these things inevitably spark a few other 'copycat' type events. Some deranged bastard with the mental age of six, and an axe to grind because someone, at some point in his life, disappointed, rejected, made fun of, or belittled him, (as happens to EVERYONE, but we don't all decide to make the innocent pay for it, now do we?) will now decide the ante's been upped, and he's got to get his 34 kills instead of just quietly fucking off and dying alone with a stomach full of sleeping pills, as he should have done.

I'm so sick of it. Fuckers.

3 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Its disgusting, that's what it is. If he was in that much 'pain' why the fuck didn't he just shoot himself and be done with it.

17 April, 2007 15:19  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

This is the bit I never quite understood about the "guns don't kill people..." speech. If the guns weren't so easily available, this kind of mayhem couldn't happen. Armed with a kitchen knife an assailant might take down 2 or 3 people before he was overpowered, but never 34.

Or am I missing something?

18 April, 2007 13:32  
Blogger Terroni said...

Yeah, I think you should have to sign something when you buy a gun saying, "When I do finally get up the nerve to use this thing to commit murder/suicide, I'll start with the suicide."

20 April, 2007 23:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home