Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring!


So, in honor of the first day of spring, here's Boticelli's "Primavera."
I don't really have much to say about this particular piece. I think it speaks for itself. But I do like the blue, wintry guy on the right there, trying to keep his icicle grip on the lovely spring nymph.

"Sod off," says she. For she has had enough of winter's biting winds and driving snows, and wishes to romp and play in the woods with her hippie pals, and that lovely young man on the left (though his choice in footwear is questionable, at best.)
As winters go, this one was fairly mild - and I wouldn't complain anyway. And we could still get a blizzard sometime between now and mid-April or so, so we're not out of the woods. But still, I'm glad spring is here. Been dreaming lately about gardening, because I'm consumed with planning my wee kitchen garden and covering up our nasty chainlink fence with morning glories...and spouse is pricing out gas grills at Home Depot.
Yes, spring is here.

This calls for a drink!*


* So does everything.

2 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Trust me, it is NOT here.

20 March, 2007 15:03  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Happy Spring! It doesn't look or feel it, but I am happy that it's here.

21 March, 2007 17:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home