Friday, March 16, 2007

Last blast


.................Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

I'm about as Irish as tourtiere. In fact, spouse is more Irish than I am, and he's Italian. And though I won't be out in any pubs this weekend (unless I go out for dinner tonight, which is a good possibility, as I have about as much desire to cook as I do of getting kitted up in a meat suit and shouting "the Dixie Chicks are RIGHT" at a Texan Barbecue) I shall be raising one or two dozen pints of the black stuff.
But after this weekend things must change. I shall pick a day and do a good, healthy, body- and mind-cleansing fast, followed by a renewed dedication to a healthier diet and more exercise. I've decided that my recent 'malaise' has had to do with some slacking off in the healthy living department, and this is not to be continued. And because I can say without an ounce of irony or smugness that I am one of the most self-disciplined people I know, I'm gonna be looking fucking FIERCE by May.
So, this weekend, being my last winter blast of this hedonistic, lazy, junk-food-eating, beer-swilling, zit-factory, cellulite cultivating lifestyle pattern, shall reach previously unplumbed depths of devilment and debauchery. (I tried really hard not to do that awful consonance thing right there, but there was no other way to put it.)
If I don't post again for a few days, I'm probably in a booze coma.

Cheers, all! Raise one for my doomed liver, won't you?

9 Comments:

Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Cheers! I shall be having some Guinness to celebrate my non-Irishness this weekend.

16 March, 2007 12:24  
Blogger A little of this and that.... said...

Mmmmmmmm, Guiness for breakie!

16 March, 2007 12:24  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Can't stand the stuff, personally, so I'll not raise a glass in celebration of my non-Irishness. However, I'm looking for St Patrick's Day ideas for Blunt Cogs if you've got any

16 March, 2007 13:08  
Blogger Andraste said...

Kim, you spoilsport. Then raise a glass of chardonnay, just because it's Friday!

Blunt cogs ideas...how about a bar scene, featuring Twenty and Binty? Been done, huh? I'll try harder.

Little of this - welcome to the Pub. Watch out for flying glasses and cursing. We smell a bit, but we've got hearts of gold.

Sassy - Just read your Friday post - good stuff. Now get off your computer and get yer drink on!

16 March, 2007 13:14  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Have a top weekend Missus, I too will be going on the cleanse after this weekend, so we can engage in the stealth health together.
But until then...

16 March, 2007 16:39  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Have a top weekend Missus, I too will be going on the cleanse after this weekend, so we can engage in the stealth health together.
But until then...

16 March, 2007 16:40  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Le sigh.

16 March, 2007 16:40  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

By now Rabbit Girl, you will have surfaced, probably with a few regrets, and more determined than ever to check if you do in fact have any Irish Heritage, so that you can expunge it forever.
Bring me your huddled masses etc.
Be American.
It's much easier in the long run. There's a glamour to it. Two Buds and you're steamin' none of this chip on your shoulder " i can drink any man under the table shite that they hand out with their chatacism,[sp?] let go Andraste, come into the light with us.
Don't ask.
I don't know what the fuck I'm going on about either. I'm a s Scotch as the bonny purrrrple heather, buit have been seduced by the Celtic sirens across the water just like everyone else.
You're tip-tip in my book.

18 March, 2007 07:44  
Blogger Around My Kitchen Table said...

Don't know about you but I find the only way to recover from an intense cleansing period is by lying on the sofa for a few hours with a family-size bag of crisps, a Dawn French size bar of chocolate and a Catholic family-size bottle of Irish malt.

18 March, 2007 11:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home