Wednesday, April 18, 2007

You can't see it, but I'm shrugging.

Just some random shit because lately it appears I have nothing really to rant about anymore. (Funny thing - ever since we bought the house, with all its adult responsibilities, the mortgage, the various home-improvement projects, the longer commute, etc...a strange contentment has come over me, and I just don't feel like my usual cantankerous self. Huh. Let's call this post a figurative shrug...or something.)

*I've been watching the most BIZARRE TV series on HBO lately. Mormons and polygamists...and let me tell you, it's definitely very, very creepy. But it is also eerily fascinating, and I can't look away.

*I will be starting another blog soon. It'll be even more anonymous than this one, and I won't link to it here, or tell anybody what it's called or where to find it. I'm going to use it to write character studies, and test my hand at fiction-writing. Maybe someday I'll have enough for some short stories or something (Perhaps a novel? Naaaaah....Fuck me, that's WAY too ambitious for now, and I don't want to put too much pressure on myself.) Anyway, I have a few character outlines just about ready. Now, if I could just think up something for them to do....

*If you enjoy shooting gallery games, and have an axe to grind with me, then Junior, by all means, hie thee immediately over to BLUNT COGS . Monstee has created a hilarious shoot-em-up game starring myself and all the other cast of Blunt Cogs characters. Now's your chance to blow my smart-ass head off, as well as those of Paris Hilton, Bush, Cheney, a terrorist, etc. (However, I'm one of the GOOD GUYS in the game, and you actually do LOSE points by shooting me...so there's that.)

*I'm currently reading this book. It's basically a list of alcoholic writers and a rundown of their worst moments. I'm learning a lot, and building a good reading list out of it, but it is just about the most poorly-edited work I've ever read. Sentences missing verbs, conjuctions repeating themselves, commas where no comma should be...it's disturbing. Did NO ONE proofread this thing at all?

*Cape Cod white cheddar popcorn is a far superior product to Smartfood.

5 Comments:

Blogger ExAfrica said...

Two things come to mind...

1- this book sounds good - I love reading other people's follies - makes mine look so much less embarrassing.

2 - I NEVER knew that about the Cape Cod White Cheddar - will have to give it a try soon. PMS has struck - perhaps tomorrow.

18 April, 2007 19:17  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

You don't suppose the writing is so bad because they were drunk when they were writing do you...?

19 April, 2007 11:27  
Blogger Old Knudsen said...

Did NO ONE proofread this thing at all

I did, whats yer problem?

19 April, 2007 14:14  
Blogger Terroni said...

"Sentences missing verbs, conjuctions repeating themselves, commas where no comma should be...it's disturbing. Did NO ONE proofread this thing at all?"

You just described my blog. And I'm mostly sober.

20 April, 2007 23:41  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Cool, Andraste, I'll look forward to the new blog.

21 April, 2007 14:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home