Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Ruminations



* You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat restaurant and retail workers. Everyone should work in a restaurant or in retail at least once in their life, to know how tough it is. If you treat someone badly because you're looking down your nose at what they do for a living, somehow it WILL bite you in the arse eventually.

* No matter how bad you think you have it, there is always someone out there who has it worse. Example: do not expect the world to cry for you if you're constipated because I'm willing to bet most people would take that over having the shits on public transportation. Uh-huh, m'dear, it COULD be worse.

* Sense of humor IS related to intelligence. If you do not have a sense of humor, you're probably stupid.

Here endeth the lesson.

Happy Friday, my little pigeons! And a glorious weekend it's going to be. No agenda, no chores to do, no transcription, nothing but a bunch of books, a choice of saloons to drink in, three healthy cats, and the cat-piss stench has been eradicated from the living room. Bring on the cheese. I said bring it ON!
What's everybody else doing this weekend?

7 Comments:

Blogger Archivalist said...

This weekend? As little as possible. Hockey on NBC on Sunday -- who cares who's playing, it's hockey. And sticking pins in my Eli Manning voodoo doll.

25 January, 2008 19:08  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I left a comment where be it?
Well, it wasn't important, something about not eating cheese or drinking, envying both, but enjoying that we have three healthy cats each. I swear, it sounded much better the first time.

26 January, 2008 18:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am mostly being hungover. And attending children's parties (x1) with other hungover mothers, it taking us a full hour to admit to each other we were all hungover. Different venues - same headache.

Lovely rainy night in tonight with a film and a book and some hot chocolate. Bliss.

Glad to hear Luna's still doing so well.

27 January, 2008 03:36  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

How did you get rid of the cat pee stench?
My eldest did it for years and the only solution was to move.
Yay for Luna's good health.

27 January, 2008 12:19  
Blogger Andraste said...

Archivalist - mmmm...hockey. All star game not very exciting, being that no one can hit anybody, for crying out loud. Still...

FMC - was a bit weird for a day or so there, blogger was being a douche. I'm so envious of your healthy ways, I'll be doing a no-booze thing soon myself, after the superbowl, natch.

Sam - children's parties, with a hangover? you brave, brave soul. I think I'd die.

Medbh- I have a friend with a large capacity washing machine. I gave her the cushion covers, she washed them twice with Oxyclean. While she did that, I hit the foam cushions with some of that "Nature's Miracle" stuff, orange scented. Seems to have worked. I had a strange, quasi hint of piss stench, very briefly the other night while I sat there, but I think that was my imagination. YOu know how you smell something awful, like somebody's rampant BO on a bus, or bum's urine from an alleyway, and it remains with you all day mentally, though the stench is long gone, your 'smell memory' won't let you forget it? I think that's what it was.

27 January, 2008 14:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nature's so-called Miracle never worked worth a damn IME. White vinegar, however, did, and was MUCH cheaper. Course, then everything smells like vinegar for a bit. Funny how one thing from the old expression "fulla piss and vinegar" would cancel the other out, in CatWorld.

Oh, and when I am anointed in the position of President of Vice when you are Overlord Supreme, my first edict will be for mandatory civil service in this country for two years between highschool and college for all young people to choose between waiting tables, selling shoes or some other face time with the unwashed general public. I can think of no better way to restore general civility while eliminating Generation Whine.

28 January, 2008 16:33  
Blogger Andraste said...

Sare - Overlord Supreme...me LIKEY!

White vingar, huh? Will put some in a spray bottle and let 'er rip!

28 January, 2008 20:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home