Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Four days off? Yeah, I'm thankful.


Here's a pygmy tarsier. Just because. They thought they were extinct, and someone recently found some. He looks like a smiling little old man.

I lo'heeeem.

Off to Maine for the Thanksgiving holiday. Hope everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving has a happy and safe one. Anyone who doesn't celebrate it - what the hell, throw a big meal together, get some family and friends around your table, let the wine flow, and pretend you're a grateful pilgrim anyway. Fuck it, you only live once. It's just an old pagan harvest festival at its root anyway. You don't need to be a 'Merrican to have a harvest festival. Am I right?

I'm home from work, I have tomorrow off and I don't have a glass of wine in front of me yet. What the fuck am I doing sitting in front of the compu....


9 Comments:

Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Yes, Andraste, commence with the wine flow and calorie fest.
Me, I'm waiting until the weekend for the hooch.
Happy Thanksgiving!

26 November, 2008 19:23  
Blogger Andraste said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Medbh.

I've started the hooch...and the cooking...AND found out what our smoke alarm sounds like!

26 November, 2008 20:45  
Blogger Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Hope you make it as far as Canada!

26 November, 2008 22:21  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hiya Beer! You can bet the next time I get to Canada I'll be give you fair warning!

26 November, 2008 22:31  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Enjoy your holidays!

27 November, 2008 11:29  
Blogger Annie said...

Happy turkey day, Andraste. No wine here, but we started swilling beer at 10:30 in anticipation of dinner with the family.

27 November, 2008 12:30  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

I got loaded on massive glasses of Shirazz at my gay nephew's house. The only way it could have been more traditional is if we went out and shot some indians (the 7 eleven down the street only had Pakistani's).

Hope you had a good one.

01 December, 2008 08:19  
Blogger Archivalist said...

Hope you had a good break! Maine still looks the same, no? Lots of gray.

02 December, 2008 20:00  
Blogger Andraste said...

Hiya Archivalist. Yes, Maine is still much the same. Didn't make it as far as Lewiston this time, so I'll have to make a trip to visit my dad between now and Xmas.

Hope your holiday was grand - eat any tourtiere? That's the one thing I miss since I stopped eating meat...so I live vicariously.

02 December, 2008 21:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home