Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Miscellany

STOAT!!!

Got a survey in the mail recently - asking if I was aware that a lot of fur on the market is actually cat and dog pelts, and that most of it is from stolen pets. Did you know that? I didn't. Hmmm. I don't know what to make of it. I have my doubts, but I suppose it COULD be true. Have you ever heard of someone buying a fur coat and finding they're allergic to it? It's a good bet it's because it's made of someone's cat. Bleugh. I do know my Luna would make a lovely coat - though it would take a lot to find enough cats as soft as she is to make a full-sized one. But fur is ugly. I object to fur on aesthetic as well as humanitarian grounds.
Haven't seen SPOUSE since 9 last night. He has a cold, took some medicine, and spent the night on the couch in the basement with Luna. It is unclear whether he did it on purpose and altruistically to prevent me being kept up by his coughing, or because it allowed him to be comforted by his old habit of sleeping with the TV on (something I can't do and won't allow in the grown-up bedroom), or because he just fell asleep because of the meds. Since Luna still lives down there, it was nice for her, either way. Evidently, our basement is now a 'special needs kitty' and parental sickbay. I LOVE having a big house. I slept like a rock with the queen-size all to myself (and the two other cats, but they're small).
I have recently started drinking coffee on occasion. Not every day like I used to, and certainly not the daily gallon I used to imbibe. Today is one of those days, because of the temperature dipping into the 20's maybe, that I wanted a nice, warm, comforting cup of Dunkin' Donuts ambrosia. It is probably for this reason that I'm jaked up and rambling all this inconsequential crap into the blog window. I have nothing important to say, but feel the need to update you all with the minutiae of my life, just to keep my fingers busy on this keyboard. THRILLED YET?

I also loved this stoat picture and wanted to find a post to use it in. I felt like that the last two days when my boss came into my office and asked me to do something complex and time-consuming - at 4:59 PM. She ought to know better, I leave at 5PM on the dot. I'm UNION, fuckers.
ALSO: VERY GOOD STUFF HERE. I laughed and laughed.

That is all.

5 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

Good coffee is ambrosia from the gods. I almost shed tears here there morning I broke the café press BEFORE my morning coffee.
Anyway, have a good weekend, I'm turning my attention back to hooch-if I ever finish work. I'm SELF- EMPLOYED FUCKERS! Oh right, shouting at myself.

21 November, 2008 10:08  
Blogger Andraste said...

So true - maybe I'll drink coffee in the winter and quit for the spring/summer. Seemed to work out well for me last year. I don't really need the caffeine anymore, but there's something so nice about it when the weather's cold...

Have a great weekend yourself, Cat. I am also looking forward to the hoochiness. Red wine is my drink of choice these days. Beer is too...bloaty, I guess.

21 November, 2008 10:25  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I hear you ducky, I too am off beer, too delicious, not I mean too wheaty. Red wine it is!

21 November, 2008 15:15  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Andraste, the cards were funny but they also reminded me why I hate religion: it's a peen club.

25 November, 2008 13:03  
Blogger Andraste said...

Medbh - Exactly! That's probably my #1 reason.

25 November, 2008 13:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home